• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill DDR2-800 Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the exact set :D While they overclock like garbage(maybe high 900's) I'm currently running Orthos stable with small ffts 24/7 but they won't blend at all. ymmv of course, but mine are not good oc'ers at all. If you haven't bought them yet, don't, get DDR2 1066's.

Edit - Of course if you are referring to the AMD rig in your sig, you may be just fine ;)

I actually already have one pair and I just bought another, so...

I'm not looking for these to be oc'ing monsters... I'm only really looking to take my A64 X2 5000+ to something in the 2.8-2.9GHz range... so as long as they can do 225-ish, I'll be happy. Do you think they'd ever do 230 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.0-2.1v?

Oh ok, you should be fine then I'd say. I'm terrible when it comes to timings, so I'll leave that one for someone else to handle ;)

well the timings i listed are stock... basically, I'm hoping to take my X2 5000+ to 2990MHz (230x13) on this RAM at stock timings by just increasing VDIMM a bit... you're saying I should have no problems, right?

I would assume not, you are talking about running them at 230fsb which is DDR2 460? They won't be stressed on the higher end at all that's for sure.

Thanks for your suggestions -- I will be trying this tonight when I get off. I'll post results.

Back