• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU is better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjw21a

Hey guys, putting together a system on a budget and I'm wondering which of these (budget) PSU's would be the way to go.

Please don't recommend Corsair, Antec etc as they're not even remotely in the same price range.

SilverStone Strider Series ST50F-230 500W Half Modular PSU ($65 Australian)
Vantec ION2 520W PSU ($65 Australian)

I know from personal experience that the Vantec is a fairly decent little Fortron based unit, I've one of these powering one of my ucrrent builds. Can't help but wonder whether the SilverStone unit is better though.

Thanks in advance guys.

I would go with the Strider. If it's anything like the higher wattage models, it's a pretty good unit.

The Silverstone Strider ST50F is a great unit. I'd quickly choose that over the Vantec. That may be just me though. Of course I personally have not messed with any Vantec's. I have the ST50F though in a friend's computer and it's held up great.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/548/10

Cool, no worries. I'll use the SilverStone Strider in all future builds. They're both the same price and the SilverSton unit is about 7% more efficient.

Cheers for the help guys.

Back