• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

***TODAY ONLY*** MSI X600-096US X-Slim - $500 @ woot :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.woot.com/

Nice laptop....I'm SOOOO tempted. But I just bought a new newtbook and my wife would kill me :p

Is that something like this??

newtbook.jpg

Yeah. I am bored at work.

That's not a bad deal for that laptop. MSI laptops are alright, I've read and agree with the statement that MSI is above Acer but below Asus in quality, this is the "poor boy's MacBook Air". I've been happy with the MSI CR600 I bought last year, they're no Lenovo but the quality is decent.

Reviews on the older X320/X340 models were glaringly negative regarding the incredibly flexible and cheap quality keyboard, some reviews stated it was the worst keyboard they had ever seen in a laptop. Maybe they've fixed that problem in this one (you could probably fix it yourself with double-back tape if it was an issue).

What it lacks compared to the MBA (mainly processor speed, weight, and arguably quality) it makes up in having more usable ports (one additional USB, and HDMI) compared to the MBA's very limited array of ports. The SU3500 won't quite beat an Atom 330 in performance, it is pretty close, at a listed TDP of 5.5w compared to the A330's TDP of 8w perhaps that small performance difference can be forgiven. Single core Atoms will be left at the starting gate, Yonah Core Duos, Pentium Dual-Cores and Core 2 Duos will leave this thing at the starting gate ... But then again ... 5.5w TDP.

EDIT: Oh yeah, 3 year manufacturer warranty on this laptop.

I completely agree with TerrorTown. There are so many cheap laptops out there now in that price range with a good speed dual-core in them. I don't even see why manufacturers even bother with single core anymore on things other than netbooks.

There might be a low voltage single core processor, but the discrete graphics aren't really helping the power consumption. Also TDP =/= power consumption.

Back