• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Hyper N520 Cooling System with AMD 6 Core 1055T Overclocked to 3.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

akaddict

This is the link to the Barebone Pre-Assembled PC

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6764433&sku=B69-9007

The N520 Cooling system came with my Barebone Pre-Assembled PC. I wanted to know if I needed a better Fan to cool my PC since I reviewed the N520 and the AMD 6 Core processor was not listed on there for compatibility for the Phenom II X6 which is included in the kit which the processor is Factory Overclocked to 3.6Ghz . Please let me know your opinions whether or not I need to get a better Cooling System, They will be very much appriciated! Thanks Guys heres my Spec im riding with for my Rig:

Motherboard || MSI 890FXA-GD70 AMD 890FX Crossfire Motherboard
Proccesor || AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz Processor Overclocked to 3.6GHz
RAM || Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (2GB x 4)
Case || Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
PSU || ULTRA ATX 750W Power Supply
GPU || XFX 5870 1GB DDR3
Sound Card || Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Hard Drive || Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB SATA 6GBs

should be ok...not great but ok, it also depends on how agressively the voltages are set on your factory oc...they're probably not very agressive and are way too high since they churn these things out. The cooler uses 92mm fans, so it's on the small side of what is typically used today, but with the light overclock on that processor you're probably find. The fact that it's included and you're factory overclocked is also a good sign.

According to this Frostytech review that hsf isn't the worst in the world but also doesn't rank at the top of the cooling list either. All I can say is give it a try and see how it performs. If your system seems to be running hotter than you want, then you can buy a better heatsink then. Some better cooling alternatives I would recommend would be the Prolimatech Megahalems, the Thermalright TRUE Rev. C and Venomous X and the Noctua NH-D14.

And :welcome: to the forums too. :attn:

Okay, I also plan on CrossFiring with another 5870 with this in the future. I guess ill leave it be and see how it runs. When I get the second GPU, I'll think about getting a better cooler, Looking at the Corsair Cooling Hydro H50. What you think about that Cooling system for my Rig? Keep the post coming guys Thanks!

Your welcome.

As for the Corsair H50, it's a pretty decent cooling solution but a little behind the ones I mentioned above. But I will be testing the replacement for the H50 in a few days, the Corsair H70. The H70 comes with a thicker radiator and comes standard with a 2 fan push-pull setup, so I expect it to be pretty close to high end air, and maybe matching the above heatsinks. I should have the review up in a week or so.

Also, with my Case and MOBO, If I got the Corsair Hydro H50 Liquid Cooler would I have to take out my whole MOBO in order to put the fan on the rear side of it? Or is it accessible by taking off the other panel? In other words would it be easy installing for the H50 with my Case and MOBO?

No, the HAF922 has a cutout in the motherboard tray that will let you mount the Corsair backplate without having to remove the motherboard from the case. I rebuilt my daughter's system with the HAF922 last Christmas and I love that case; great to work in it.

This is the link to the Barebone Pre-Assembled PC

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6764433&sku=B69-9007

The N520 Cooling system came with my Barebone Pre-Assembled PC. I wanted to know if I needed a better Fan to cool my PC since I reviewed the N520 and the AMD 6 Core processor was not listed on there for compatibility for the Phenom II X6 which is included in the kit which the processor is Factory Overclocked to 3.6Ghz . Please let me know your opinions whether or not I need to get a better Cooling System, They will be very much appriciated! Thanks Guys heres my Spec im riding with for my Rig:

Motherboard || MSI 890FXA-GD70 AMD 890FX Crossfire Motherboard
Proccesor || AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz Processor Overclocked to 3.6GHz
RAM || Kingston Hyper-X 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (2GB x 4)
Case || Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis
PSU || ULTRA ATX 750W Power Supply
GPU || XFX 5870 1GB DDR3
Sound Card || Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Hard Drive || Western Digital 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB SATA 6GBs
Hi,

Would you happen to still have the factory 3.6 overclock profile still in your BIOS? I blew away mine and don't have the manual that tells you the settings anymore.

-ankh

Back