• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom X4 970 oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n1co

Registered
Hi im trying to overclock my phenom II x4 970 be chip, I have read Dolk's guide which has helped me a lot, I am looking to achieve 3.9 possibly 4.0ghz if possible. I have upped the multiplier to 19 and am currently running at 3.8ghz, everything else stock I think, but am a little confused when he talks about changing the multiplier and voltage on the NB. I see NB voltage in my BIOS but not the multiplier. I plan on upping .5 each time and see how the temps change and how the system runs etc. So if you guys would be kind enough to advise me on how to move forward with NB and HTT voltage and multiplier etc as I go it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
OC1.png
IMAG0030.jpg
OC3.png
OC2.png

Here's what Dolk was referring to. The "NB" is aka CPU/NB and can also refer to the chipset NB in some bioses. Can be confusing. Take it off Auto and you will see direct frequency choices or multiplier choices. The CPU/NB speed is a product of the current front side bus frequency and the multiplier. You might want to take your "AI Overclock Tuner" off of Auto and put to Manual.

Attachments

• NB.PNG
    NB.PNG
    152.5 KB · Views: 248
Also change you're command rate on you're ram to 2T, you're running it at 1T at the moment and that can cause problems with you're oc.

thanks for the replies, I have changed the cpu/nb frequency to 2000mhz same as the HT link speed, and have also changed my ram to 2t command rate, and changed the timing to 8,8,8,19,31. I have the CPU and NB volt on auto at the moment, do I need to change them now ?. I do plan on going up to 4.0Ghz if stable will I need to increase the voltage then ? Thanks

Put the NB voltage to about 1.25 and the NB frequency to about 2400. It should take that much overclock of the NB okay and should help stabilize it with that much increase in NB voltage. Are you stress testing with Prime95 blend test and are you monitoring for core temps during the stress testing? What are your maximum core temps after say, 20 minutes of Prime95 blend?

I have upped the NB voltage to 1.25 and the frequency to 2400, I ran prime95 for about 30mins blend test. My idle cpu core temp was 38 degrees and during the blend test the max cpu core temp was 49 degrees, but was staying around 47-48 degrees. I have a 140mm fan on the front, a 140mm fan on the top and a 120mm fan on the back and a zalman cnps 10x cpu cooler.

Back