• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950 BF3 Line of Detail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scrambler

All right, on the advice of ED, I took a screen shot of this "line of detail" I see. Sorry, it is a very bad example, Had to do a quick round and I am leaving soon. You can see the line I am referring to off on the far building on the right. Depending on the server, that line can be there, or on the building directly in front of me. A little hard to reproduce will get some more when I get home and put a few hours in.

Attachments

• bf3_2012_08_30_08_23_22_563.jpg
    bf3_2012_08_30_08_23_22_563.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 59
I dont see anything distinct there. Looking forward to more pics.. if you have time later, perhaps MS Paint in an arrow showing this distinct line.

Thanks! :)

Create an album in your Profile, you can use pix in there to add to posts at full size.

bf3_2012_08_30_08_23_22_563.jpg I circled it. Like I said, very bad, but general idea. Short on time so I snapped a screenie of the first time I saw it happen. Sometims it gets right in my face, other times it does this, off in the distance laughing at me. I can't reproduce it reliably.

EDIT: You guys have taught me wizardry today. Thank you

Last edited:
Ok, now I see it... That is normal. It certainly doesnt stick out and how you notice that is beyond me! :)

@ Frakk - Right click on the image an open in a new tab. That will allow you to see it full screen... or he can host it at the site using the paperclip, attaching it, then using the dropdown arrow and insterting the picture (without creating a portfolio - which is a good idea as well).

Ok, now I see it... That is normal. It certainly doesnt stick out and how you notice that is beyond me! :)

Very picky. On the extreme side of picky.

If I can snap a few screenies of when it is a lot closer, you might see it better. But I know I am very picky, and these little things bug me a lot.

@ ED, thank's

@ scrambler

That is picky, :p i had never noticed that, you have a good eye.

i still dont see it lol theres more detail there? or.. idk lol

Probably in the NVCP..... CCC has the same thing, only called something different, its in the 3D Settings menu, i have not had CCC install for a while and can't remember what its called.

I dont recall it there, or in game for that matter (I havent touched settings since I installed the game though), which is why I am asking for a definitive answer.

EDIT: After I stopped being lazy...
MESH QUALITY is the next setting

The MESH is the wire frame models used to build the objects in the game. As the settings increase so does the number and complexity inside of the wire framed models. In the interest of multiplayer fairness, the difference between LOW and Ultra is in the minor details (railings, windowframes, architectural fluff, ect) rendered at a distance and the overall smoothness on curves and rounded objects. LOW and MEDIUM have a slight effect on Draw Distance but little "first glance" quality reductions. High gives almost everything as the ULTRA setting but the finest details viewed at distance, and ULTRA gives the very best detail and highest draw distance quality.
Source (great guide btw): http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1323124&mpage=1

Cliff's: In game!

Last edited:
I dont recall it there, or in game for that matter (I havent touched settings since I installed the game though), which is why I am asking for a definitive answer.

EDIT: After I stopped being lazy...
Source (great guide btw): http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1323124&mpage=1

Cliff's: In game!

Ah yes, i also had a moment of none lazyness and looked at some screen shots, its #5 down from the top in the BF3 GFX setting menu.

Back