• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED HDD disappeared

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idkfa

Hey,

after I booted my PC today I noticed that one of my HDDs was missing. I used the drive of an external WD 2 TB drive. When I open up computer administration it says LDM can't use it I have to set it to GUID or MBR. I think I'll lose my data then. Can I just use testdisk and repair the partition table?
I had similar problem a whole time ago, and the drive does not contain any data of major importance, however I would appreciate not losing it.
Both my external WD 2TB drives died within 1.5 years and I decided the controllers may be defect so I use them internally. One drive wasnt recognozied then, the other was. May the HDD be defect itself or did I just encouter a very early loss of the partition table (the HDD ran like 2 or 3 weeks now)?

Just to clarify, I opened the external case and put the HDD in my PC.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
If you put the drive back in the original enclosure and plug it to the computer using the original cable can you see it then?

I can't even see 100% working drives with those controllers anymore.

Plugged in internally:
HDD.jpg

EDIT
the drive does not contain any data of major importance
I just set it to MBR and reformatted ;)

Last edited:
Back