• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this worth it??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That depends on what your plans are for the system. Surfing the net, email, mid-low end gaming it'll be fine. High end gaming, OCing, folding etc. No.

Do you think it'd be a good platform to upgrade over the years? And yes, gaming was what I had in mind

No. Better try to find something with an APU if cost is the issue because many roumors say that there will be no more AM3+ cpus comming and there is no AM3+ cpu on the roadmap.

I've even heard rumors about the FM platform not lasting much longer. It's kind of a bad time to be 'buying' into a platfom. I would suggest buying for now, but not expecting much upgradability. Even on the intel side.

At least they gonna keep fm2+ longer than am3+. I`m a big AMD fan but they kinda need something to replace am3+ cuz it`s really getting old, but i don`t see FM2+ as next new big hit. Who knows? Just have to wait and see. I would also be quite happy if AMD put steamroller on am3+ .

Yea just saw that, love the dog tag! But I think i'll stick with my build, I'm looking more on the AMD side of things...

Back