• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Announcement - Stats - Thanks ezlor!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ploaf

Ok everyone. If you didn't look at the site and see the stats or the article then you won't know that we have a stats script. Thanks to Ezlor!! :D who has been writing a script for us in his free time and has come up with something that can be set to run automatically. There is a working version of the script on the new team site and it looks pretty cool.

Be prepared. It may change once or twice before it's finalized and I cannot run it on a schedule at the moment due to limitations with the current site host which has locked users out of running the script automatically. But running it manually is very easy and we will come up with a solution of one sort or another. :) So it won't be up to the minute just yet, but it will be updated. We are also hoping to be able to move the site soon too.
New stats page

I think everyone who has worked on that has done an excellent job to date,I'm sure you guys will have the bugs out soon.Keep up the good job guys!

OK. They are now automatically updating. It couldn't be done from the server, because the admin is paranoid so it had to be done from home which meant installing mysql, etc onto the home machine. rufus, aka Folder1, is now happily processing the information every hour(for now) and sending it in 10 minutes later. This could not have been done without the detailed explanation from ezlor of every problem that I may run into(and I did run into a few problems) or without the help of robertm who told me how to tell rufus to send the completed web page to the server. It's all very good. :D

oh and one more thing... as hard as it can be to find out info on how to do something in Linux at times it's well worth it when you do learn something and you sit there looking at it thinking "I can't believe it was that simple"

Back