• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12000 rpm cpu fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it was a long time ago,a p4c800 motherboard,asus,locked me out of the bios with an industrial espionage lockout as soon as I got it assembled and turned on,never would start again,tried everything!!!

NEVER order anything from china or hong kong,OR YOU'LL SOON BE SORRY YOU DID!!!,and that's a fact!!!

also,according to the intel monitoring program I had (have) the cpu fan NEVER spun at less then 3750 rpm,so,why did my computer shut off due to overheating

quite possible,I'll get to the bottom of it eventually,but first I need to find a cpu fan thats no more then 2 3/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches and that will run continously at full speed directly off the 12v rail of my power supply,if anyone can find such a fan,please let me konow,and thanks to you all!!!

thank you maxbrando2000!!!,I'll bookmark this heat sink and then hope I can find a fan within those general parameters

As5 should be fine.
a LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE FLOCKED TO ARCTIC COOLING mx PRODUCTS
MX-2 is the most affordable
MX-3 had the best performance( by less than 1K)
MX-4 performance about the same as mx2 but i believe it is thinner and more easily applied

but the performance is almost indescernable(among all reputable brands such as Arctic Silver,Arctic Cooling,Noctua, OCZ).
Just stick with AS5 unless you do remove the IHS and redo the paste then you will want to use something thats completely non-conductive such the aforementioned products.

sorry just put my old fan back in thanks for the good advice max!!!,I'll try As5!!!,thought yoyu might have gone to bed,I took my postage stamp nearly size fan off,that spun continuosly at 8000 rpm off the 12v rail,stupidly took the heatsink clamps off and had to put them back on,I thought it better not to take a chance,since the 8000 rpm nearly postage stamp sized fan whas what I had in when my now dead other hard drive refused to reformat

Has anyone noticed that the link to TigerDirect has a typo? They list an NF-P14 as having a 12,000 rpm speed. That fan runs at 1200 rpm. I have two of them, and that's what they run in free air.

As for Hong Kong, I ordered my NH-D14 from Linke Computer in Hong Kong. It was shipped from a warehouse in Vancouver, arriving as a US Mail package. It came quickly. I've been running the heck out of it, testing fans. So I have no problem with name brand merchandise coming from a reputable vendor in Hong Kong. YMMV, of course.

tiger direct

I can tell you something else about tigerdirect,I once went to buy 2 1 gig sticks of platinum el ocz gamiing memory from them,via debit card,over the phone,it was a steal at 40 bucks,the salesman asked me if it was ok if they sent the free registry cleaning,tune up your computer program that came FREE with my order,I said sure why not,when my ram arrived,for 40 bucks,I checked the invoice affixed to the top of the box,they charged me $89.95 for the free program via the artifice of outright lying,cheating,and stealing from me,,total cost for my 40 dollar platinum el ozc gaming memory?,$130.00,so,as it turned out,it really was a STEAL!!!,after that,never again anything from f@@@king tigerdirect!!!!,A WORD TO THE WISE!!!

Back