• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Fan collection picture thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
to take a break from those ultra-toxic servo fan, I present you a pic of a friend o' mine harvesting fans from his farm :D

6607237581_7a3aaff657_z.jpg

I only have a Nexus Orange and two Antec Tricools in 120mm.

In 92mm I have two Nexus and one Triple blade 38mm thick three blade low speed.

I just found a decent deal on some interesting Delta fans on eBay and I bought one of the two available assemblies. It's a 2 fan assembly from some NEC server and it has 2 Delta EFB1212SHE fans in it. If you know anything about the EFB series, this is Delta's 3 blade series. I have a low speed model of the fan already and the noise profile from it is unlike anything else I've heard in 120 mm format. These are the high speed version and the specs on them are as follows:

Form Factor - 120x120x38mm
141.96 CFM @ 3700 RPM
52.5 dBA
9.60 watts
.80 amps
Maximum Air Pressure 13.21 mm H²O

I pulled these specs of of Sidewinder Computers. Evidently Delta has discontinued the manufacture of these fans, as they no longer show any 120 mm sized EFB fans. There is a discrepancy in the stated amperage and the amperage labeled on the fan. I will be trying to contact Delta for the correct page for the specs. Anyways, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the auction - Linky

I made an offer of $28 which was accepted by the seller.

Here are some pics of the fans and assembly I scarfed off the eBay page:

View attachment 106001
View attachment 106002
View attachment 106003

Thanks Mudd,
but since -F00 at the delta codes means no control options, i never buy -F00 again.
recently i bought a couple of fans on ebay germany too:
image23d5g1.jpg
It turned out to be 6x Nidec BetaV TA350DC 1.0A 92 x 38 mm 3 wire fans (non-PWM), another three nice Delta FFC1212DE 2.4 A -S96P High speed fans, which are able to run slowest around 200 rpm (inverted PWM), and finally four Sensflow EFC1212D 0.75A three blade inverted pwm fans, which are also able to run around 200 rpm.
image1x3j53.jpg
Not bad, but noisier!!!! that the GFB-series and also the Servo fans, cause they have this annoying ticking at low speeds.

BTW, that seller I linked on eBay has a bunch of other fans for sale too. I saw a whole bunch of server type fan assemblies with Nidecs, Sanyo Denki and Delta fans too in his offerings.

I'm thinking about playing around with these SHE fans. Since they turn the opposite direction of most other fans out there, they are good candidates for making yourself a home made beast and stacking them with a 7 blade fan such as an FFB (which I have already). :D How about a home made GFB anyone? :rofl:

HAHA, CAN I PASS A CHANCE TO SHOW MY FANS?
(HIDES HIS 140MM QUICKLY.. SO PEOPLE WON'T CALL HIM A HOARDER)

3775MOD.jpg

haha, if I show my 200mm and 140mm too, you guys will never look at me the same again. :p

haha, if I show my 200mm and 140mm too, you guys will never look at me the same again. :p
Very true, but the new way of looking at you probably isn't what you expect.

It's less this: :rofl:

And more this: :clap::rock::borg: You will join us.

(I don't have all that many, maybe 30ish, but the average CFM is rather high as probably 25-30% of my fans are >200CFM 120x38mm jobbies)

Very true, but the new way of looking at you probably isn't what you expect.

It's less this: :rofl:

And more this: :clap::rock::borg: You will join us.

(I don't have all that many, maybe 30ish, but the average CFM is rather high as probably 25-30% of my fans are >200CFM 120x38mm jobbies)

hahaha, YEEHHAAAW ! :attn:

for me, most of the fans I use is the SlipStream1900 110 CFM and the Reeven2000k 106 CFM, both fans are nice, with the Reeven actually kinda quiet. :)

I have been looking for fans of higher CFM without exceed 40dBA, and I know my search is futile.

so now I am researching into sound insulating foams instead. :p

:borg:

Bump, new member in my 120/38mm family, from Delta clan.

Part no : QFR1212GHE
Speed : 6000 rpm
Air Flow : 210.38 CFM (5.957 m3/min)
Static Pressure : 1.170 In H2O (29.18 mm H2O)
Noise : 64 dB
Power : 21.6 Watt

View attachment 111110

Yeah Bing, i got the same fan at lower speed, the Delta QFR1212EHE 1.5 A, around 4.000 RPM. I love it's performance at low speeds, it runs quiet and powerfull even at minimum power.

how are your insulating the noise? =)

20+ cfm IS NICE though. =)

Yeah Bing, i got the same fan at lower speed, the Delta QFR1212EHE 1.5 A, around 4.000 RPM. I love it's performance at low speeds, it runs quiet and powerfull even at minimum power.

Really ? I haven't test it yet since I still so busy lately. :bang head

Thanks for the heads up. :thup:

how are your insulating the noise? =)
I think when it comes to this industrial fan collecting frenzy like few of us here in the "Brotherhood of Crazy Fan Collectors" :D, fan noise isn't a big deal anymore. :chair:

20+ cfm IS NICE though. =)
Ahrrmm... its 210 CFM. :p

GentleTyphoon GT 2150 D1225C12B6AP-0A

Introducing rare breed GT fan, its the beefier version from the popular GT1850, its popularly called GT2150 since its tad faster (2150 rpm vs 1850 rpm).

I believe our in house Doktor Mudd also has this particular fan too.

D1225C12B6AP-0A (3 wires with RPM sensor)

Specification 2150 rpm , 69 CFM , 0.123 A (startup 0.53 A) , 28 Pa / 0.113 inH2O , 30 dB

picture.php

Rear view, nothing special compared to ordinary GT1850 version.

picture.php

The original label underneath, the only difference is only "A" vs "0" suffix, meaning its custom order/made.
Actually this is nothing, the difference is at the rpm sensor and the amp connector. :-/

View attachment 114219

Family of Gentle Typhoon fans
View attachment 114220

Last edited:
Funny how much lower the CFM rating is when it's honest. Most ~2k fans are "rated" at >100 :p

Back