• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm Red LED Case Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chuggowitz

I'm planning to order the fan filter set by DEMCiflex from FrozenCPU soon for my HAF 932 and was also planning on ordering some fans from newegg, but it makes a lot more sense to just order them from FrozenCPU and combine the shipping fees (since they'll both be coming from the states anyways). I wanted to grab some red LED 120mm fans to match the front of my case and improve cooling performance and I'm unsure as to what I should order. I'm replacing the side 230mm fan in my case and looking to spend under 15$. The specifications page of the case manual states that they rotate at 1700 RPM with 19 dBA.

I've narrowed it down to the Yate Loon Clear medium speed fan, the Thermaltake Thunderblade Super Silent fan and the Coolermaster Sickleflow Super Silent fan.

I'm leaning more towards the Sickleflow's, even though they cost a bit more and do push a little less air. I'm not sure I could live with the specified dBA that the Yate Loons and Thunderblades produce. Should also mention that I don't want the space around my feet lit up like day. I'm open to other suggestions and I'm curious as to whether anybody has any experience with these fans and can provide some constructive input. If buying plain fans will grant me a huge boost in cooling performance at the same price point I am open to suggestions on that score as well.

And since I know budget is key here, I'm looking to spend under 15.00$. If for some odd reason my computer specifications are of use, they're in my signature. Any help is appreciated.

Does Frozen have the low speed Yates in red LED? I'm using the low speed versions on an RX360 in push pull config and they are decent fans and not too noisy. The ones I bought are these from PPCs. They are closed corner fans BTW and I had to open the cormers up with my Dremel for my setup. Not hard, but took a while.

Those rosewill fans seem pretty decent, and they're dirt cheap on the canadian newegg site (though shipping is 9.99, BARF). What're they like for cooling?

I'll consider those, since they're seemingly cheap. My main concern is noise since I don't own a fan controller.

Thanks for the advice Doc, don't own a dremel though ;). Also didn't see any low speed yate loons on frozencpu. Anybody have any opinion on the coolermaster fans? They seem like they're pretty powerful and quiet.

I'll consider those, since they're seemingly cheap. My main concern is noise since I don't own a fan controller.

Thanks for the advice Doc, don't own a dremel though ;). Also didn't see any low speed yate loons on frozencpu. Anybody have any opinion on the coolermaster fans? They seem like they're pretty powerful and quiet.

Then a Dremel tool sounds like a great Christmas present then. :D

Something like this Dremel 4000 kit makes a very good starter kit. BTW, it's also handy for non computer related projects too.

Already asked for a Corsair H80 for christmas, I think I can live without the Dremel for now ;) Way overkill for a 2500k, but since I wasn't paying for it I figured why not. I assume the stock fans on the H80 are as good/better than the ones discussed so far in this thread?

The fans with the H80 are decent. There is no reason to replace them, since with the H80 you can choose the speed setting on the pump. I found the H80 fully able to cool a Bloomfield with no problem with the stock fans, so a 2500k shouldn't be any problem. My test system is pushing north of 200 watts heatload at 4 GHz.

Back