• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

14 hours prime95, Phenom II @ 4.1ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oorvik

Hello fellow OC'ers! I felt quite achieved that I reached this but to my disappointment core four had a rounding error at 14:20. Peak core temperature was at 50°C. Currently pulling 1.476v, with the northbridge slightly overvolted as well. Question is do you think pushing the voltages any higher would be harmful? The northbridge - I don't think - is the problem. Also, I'm thinking of upgrading to a FX-6300, or FX-8300. Opinions?

Phenom II 965BE (CPU temp @ 50°C peak! Cooled with custom loop)
M5A97 Evo (Socket @ 72°C peak!)

Last edited:
6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Add a little Vcore and try it. Drop the clock to 4.0Ghz and carry on. Only run it 12 hours and call it good as is.

Those FX cpus are not going to like that board to overclock like a beeatch. Not enough VRM muscles. Plus that socket temp will likely go out of sight. Need more case cooling or air around cpu socket.
RGone...

Last edited:
Yeah, just did research into the the load power consumption of the FX-8300, staggering. I have fantastic air going through the case right now, could pump out some more by replacing the 240mm(?) fan with four 120's on the side for a bit more. I would assume air going in would be best? I have a 360mm rad going up and out on the top. In addition a 140mm going out.

Also, considering this I would lean more towards going Intel due to typical better performance as I would be replacing MB and CPU if I wanted to OC well. I may wait for Steamroller though. Hmph, pricier than I was hoping! :eek:

Oorvik, welcome to the forum. If you are just looking to see how long you can pass prime for then take RGones suggestions. If you are just looking for a stable overclock, 14 hours is probably enough for anything you'll throw at it, in day to day usage.

Back