• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600MHz Corsair Vengeance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilya899

Registered
hi. i have 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance(CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)4GBx2 kit. i have a trouble. When i choose 1.5 Voltage on DRAM in bios its a lot of BSOD`s every day. i switched to 1.65V and its ok. This trouble is if DRAM 1600MHz is and i 1333MHz too. Its my decision save? Or my corsair will be broken next 1-2 weeks?

hi. i have 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance(CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)4GBx2 kit. i have a trouble. When i choose 1.5 Voltage on DRAM in bios its a lot of BSOD`s every day. i switched to 1.65V and its ok.

That's because your memory isn't stable at 1.5V. The receiver for the memory controller can't adequately determine if the bits are 0 or 1 at that voltage level.

This trouble is if DRAM 1600MHz is and i 1333MHz too.

lolwut? :shrug:

Its my decision save? Or my corsair will be broken next 1-2 weeks?

Keep your memory at 1.65V and it will last a long time. If you take it down to 1.5V it won't damage the memory but you will be unstable which could cause random file losses, BSOD, etcs. Never a good thing.

sorry for my english. tried to say: if my DRAM is 1333MHz+1.5V system is not stable, and if my DRAM is 1600MHZ+1.5V system is not stable too. Corsair write on official site that my DRAM wust be stable om 1.5V+1600MHz

Have you changed any other settings like the timings for the RAM? Are you positive the BSODs are caused be the RAM? If you swap out the RAM for a different pair that works, do you still get BSODs?
:/

100% i switched to my sister`s cheap samsung RAM and its ok all time. Then i put my corsair RAM to her PC and her system is not stable too. BSOD all time.

My motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE. i didnt change timings. Ye i tryed, but switched back to 9-9-9-24.

Back