• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160gb raptor $162 or less!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, the 7200.10s are quite zippy. I'd buy one but some peeps seem to get the quiet ones I'd want while others get ones that are louder than the 7200.9s

OnDborder said:
I was getting one but the 1 yr. warranty turned me off.

Ditto. I read the forums over at slick deals and noticed there was only a one year warranty. I had one in my shopping cart and everything:rolleyes:

The fear of dying keeps most people from living. This applies to PC stuff as well!

Most of us either don't keep our hdd's for that long, or, if we do, can't remember which of the 25 or so hdd's we have is still under warranty or not.
I'd take the chance on 1 yr vs. 5 for the price break.

Also, Slickdeals has a code for a $10.00 price break if you use paypal.

So.. were are the rebranded 40Gig 16Mb cache raptors for $68 ;) :p
Will that be a possiblity after the 36Gig 16Mb cache raptors are relised?

Has there been a cupon e-mail? If so, I havn't got mine yet :mad:

btw.. I saw 160's on fleebay about 3-4 weeks after the 150's were relised. (not at this price though :eek: )

soloz2 said:
got this off another forum and thought it would be appreciated here:
The "short stroked"-ness may probably be realized on the drives sold by Dell by flashing them with retail Raptor firmware. Warrany would probably go to zero though.

Back