• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160gb raptor $162 or less!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think it went anywere, the coupon codes that would apply to this did die on the 21st however (I checked my old emails ;) )
I think this MIGHT be a regular price for a while, if another coupon rolls in I might snag one myself :p Just to sell it :eek: ;)

I almost jumped on it... but since the price rose again I opted for a couple 74gb raptors from newegg. I don't need the space anyway

Dear Valued Customer,
We have reviewed your order. Although we had anticipated being able to ship your order sooner, we are experiencing an unexpected delay with your order ******** and will not be able to ship this order and any associated orders until on or before 07-03-2006.
· You will receive an Order Shipped email when this order has shipped.

What’s Next?
No action is required to proceed with the new date, however, if you do not wish to wait, you may cancel your order.

· If you wish to cancel your order or if you have any questions, please click here

I've gotten that email from Dell before... the worst is when they push the ship date back more than once. :( oh well... last time that happened I cancelled my order but they still shipped it... so I called them and they refunded me like $20 to keep it and I got the rebate... then I sold it on ebay and made some money off it... lol

Ascii2 said:
The "short stroked"-ness may probably be realized on the drives sold by Dell by flashing them with retail Raptor firmware. Warrany would probably go to zero though.

To my knowledge you can not download WD's firmware anywhere. I am pretty sure that WD does not make their firmware available to the public.

VinnyTAMU said:
To my knowledge you can not download WD's firmware anywhere. I am pretty sure that WD does not make their firmware available to the public.

you just need to find someone wiling to make a copy off their Raptor. I'm sure if you search you can probably find it

soloz2 said:
you just need to find someone wiling to make a copy off their Raptor. I'm sure if you search you can probably find it

Is there a procedure to do this? If so I would like to see the link.

VinnyTAMU said:
Is there a procedure to do this? If so I would like to see the link.
The procedure is a simple one:

2 things required other than hard disk:
Flashing Utilty (usually runs in DOS)
file representation of the firmware (usually a hex, bin, or dmc file)​
The flashing utility is used to flash the firmware.

I have sucessfully flashed Maxtor hard disk firmware.

Back