• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st OC: X6 1075T BE on Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What ram you run is really not of consequence to us since it is your ram. If you set the ram timings to the slower set and THEN insert the faster ram it should be setup to run at the slower rams settings since slow ram cannot run at the settings of the fastest ram in general.

I have run mis-matched speed and ram timings sets of ram plenty of times, using the timings and speed of the slowest ram on the faster ram. I have even changed the ram sticks SPD on the faster ram to match the slower ram so there was not any problem with the bootup if i forgot to setup ram for slower before booting.

The only time I have ever had issue is when a fast type ram would not run at the normally tighter timings of the slower ram and that does not happen often, BUT it can depending on some very odd circumstances of how the ram is binned and spec'd to run.

So do as you wish with the ram. Only at your end can you prove out what will and will not work. Good luck.
RGone...

Hi again...
i've tried to install the 4 modules to get 8gb in total.

I set it to:
FSB:240
CPU/NB freq: 2400
HTT:1920
DRAM freq:1600
but to get a success boot i had to put the DRAM timmings all on AUTO.

CPUZ gave me this:

As i can see with these 4 modules the system is running on a single-channel. Its is normal or it should be on dual-channel?

I will run PRIME 95 and see it...

Thks

4 Sticks of ram should certainly show as Dual channel. However the mis-matched ram must be forcing the board to run each stick in single channel mode and that is not good for performance at all. What you see is the reason it is most often recommended to run all "alike" ram in each memory slot.

So the option of 8Gb is discard with these 2 kit...:(
i will try to sell both of them and see if i can get a decent 8gb kit.

Thks for your reply

After done a little search i have found this 3 models of 8gb kit:
Patriot Viper 3 Series, Black Mamba, DDR3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit(PV38G160C9K)
http://www.patriotmemory.com/product/specs/PV38G160C9K.pdf

Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
http://www.corsair.com/memory-by-pr...channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cml8gx3m2a1600c9.html

Gskill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600MHz 2x4GB (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355

They all are very similar in their specs but in your opinion what brand could be better?

Thks

My personal preference the last few years for AMD ram has been solidly Gskil. I would make sure that some tall heatspreaders are not in the way of your cpu cooler. Gskil makes ram without the tall heatspreaders.
RGone...

My personal preference the last few years for AMD ram has been solidly Gskil. I would make sure that some tall heatspreaders are not in the way of your cpu cooler. Gskil makes ram without the tall heatspreaders.
RGone...

Ditto!

Back