• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(2) 256 and another (2) 256 or (1) 512 all for DC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saud

Should i get another 1 stick of 512 to add in my dual channal or should i add (2) 256 pdp tccd patriot memory or should i get (1)512 dual channal, i know i have to get the same model and stuff but what is better to get to add on to my (2) 256 that i have right now? (1)512 or (2)256 on my neo2 that im soon to ordering

You don't want to run 4 sticks of 256 because you end up havig to run them at 2t and you'll lose a lot of performance. You won't be able to run 2x256 plus 1x512 on a Neo2 as it won't run with 3 sticks of ram. I am not sure if you can run 3 sticks on your current board, but I suggest you check your manual)That pretty well leaves 2x512 as by far your best option. Also I'd suggest an Epox over a Neo2 in an nf3 board.

hm... that sucks like what can i do with my memory then when i want to upgrade to a a whole gig, why epox? peeps keep telling me to get the epox board over the neo2, i've wanted to get the neo 2 first b4 but it went out of stock so i had to buy the av8, now that i rma'ed it im waiting to buy the neo2 now unless you can really show me why you would really get a epox 939 instead of the neo2 , both nf3 thanks

The Epox board is less than perfect, but the MSI board is riddled with flaws. Yhe board has issues with recognizing drives and PCI cards. On mine I have a floppy and an optical drive that come and go with rebooting. The board has issues with tem readings that also mysteriously come and go. MSI has been slow to respond with bios fixes as opposed to Epox where they seem to get things fixed a little faster. My board, and a lot of other MSI boards will not hit 300 fsb. The Epox boards seem to be much better at scaling well over 300. Lastly, the MSI seem to have a larger percentage of doa's or boards that just fail after a month or two. This leads me to question the quality of how their boards are made.
Epox has it's downside. For one thing, you can't use an OCZ booster in it or you will fry the mosfets. They have even less vdimm available than MSI's. The memory bandwidth performance may also be less than MSI's as well.
All things considered I'd get an Epox if I had my decision to do over, but it's always a certain amount of luck of the draw no matter what you get. If you have your mind set on an MSI then please do not let me talk you out of it. You could get a great one and be very pleased. Good luck with whatever you choose.

well i can deal with some problems like that booting problems but what kind of a overclock do you get on ur neo2, if i get like 265 x 10 with my 3200+ ill be happy my computer wouldn't really go any better in any games b/c of my weak ti4200, i dont really care bout having 300 fsb b/c my ram maxs out around 266 or something i believe tested from pdp at what the timings they said you should use, and i rather run 1:1 , if the epox has a more chance of not going down ill probably get that b/c i dont want to spend another month offline b/c of the bs mobo

I run at 9x280 with 1:1 memory and stock vcore. This board doesn't go much higher so there's not much point in pushing voltage. I'm not sure how much further the ram will go either. At 2.52mhz and stock vcore I pretty pleased, but I still find the board to be a constant source of annoyance. Oh well, I'll live with it. Take care.

well man you got 280 x 9 that looks like a pretty good overclock for a 3000, im hoping that my 3200 will do at least 265 x 10 then im happy at 1:1 if i get that ill be happy and then push for more

Back