• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

250,000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nzaneb

I know it's not much of a milestone for you guys in the millions :), but I just cleared 250,000 today. I've only been crunching since March, so I feel like it's a decent accomplishment. 500,000 here I come! I'm adding a 9800GX2 so it should come and go pretty fast. Thanks for all the help you guys have provided :beer:

Keep up the good work!

Side note: What is that in your avitar?

Thanks!

Side note: Avatar is a 500+hp Mitsubishi 4g63t with a glowing hot equal length exhaust header, being fed by a massive Turbonetics turbocharger... similar setup, soon to be installed in my little Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck , although I'll have to cut back on the power output or it won't go anywhere :burn:

yea doesnt look like a car would last long if it was getting that hot

Very common in racing, but you're definitely right... probably not the best daily driver solution. Link to the best engine video of all time
I'm a big Formula 1, MotoGP fan so I love pointless videos like this :)

How big is the turbo? A high-power 4G63 in a tiny lightweight pickup..... :D

I going to resist the urge for excessive horsepower... yeah right:screwy:... and just shoot for a modest, easily-acheivable 300hp. So it'll be "fun", and should go through tires plenty fast :burn:

You could get 300 HP easily enough on the stock Evo turbo.

How are you converting that engine from a front engine transaxle to a rear drive pickup?

You could get 300 HP easily enough on the stock Evo turbo.

How are you converting that engine from a front engine transaxle to a rear drive pickup?

I bought this truck specifically for this purpose. I have an old 6 bolt 4g63t (the good ones :)) from a 91 eclipse, so it's not a newer Evo motor, but a 20G turbo will provide more than enough. The engine in the truck is a 4g64, which will accept the head off of the 4g63. So a piston and rod upgrade, amongst 'other' things will do the trick. "Other" things being rewire the engine, make new engine mounts, extend the drive shaft and move the engine forward 3 inches, fabricate all new full exhaust including header, integrate a new front mount intercooler, and PLENTY more... so I've got a few things to do :)

Sorry to be talking about cars on a computer forum :screwy:

Congrats on 250,000! :thup:

So five lines in the Milestone thread wasn't enough for you?!?!? :p

Hey - this is your thread, take about whatever you want! :) Cars are a good subject, even if it is turbo's. At least it's not a Ricer, I hate those. Power First, then advertisement if you want, has always been my philosophy.

The bear behind the wheel is me ... ;) http://home.roadrunner.com/~rm23u2nd76g12/9906rGTX.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on 250,000! :thup:

So five lines in the Milestone thread wasn't enough for you?!?!? :p

HOLY CRAP I didn't even see that until I went back and looked! I missed a few days this weekend and you must have updated when I wasn't looking. Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be a glory hog!:bang head

Hey - this is your thread, take about whatever you want! :) Cars are a good subject, even if it is turbo's. At least it's not a Ricer, I hate those. Power First, then advertisement if you want, has always been my philosophy.

I'm a big advocate of the GO, not the SHOW. All show and no go confuses me:screwy:, but sloting in in an unassuming econobox truck, just to show my tail lights to a Vette, Mustang, or a wannabe Honda Civic... that's just good fun:)

NICE! I see it's a GTX(or is it?), but what year?

HOLY CRAP I didn't even see that until I went back and looked! I missed a few days this weekend and you must have updated when I wasn't looking. Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to be a glory hog!:bang head
No problem! I update the DAC every Sunday and the Milestones every other Sunday (sometimes more often). I'm almost always done before noon and often before 8 AM CT. :)

I'm a big advocate of the GO, not the SHOW. All show and no go confuses me:screwy:, but sloting in in an unassuming econobox truck, just to show my tail lights to a Vette, Mustang, or a wannabe Honda Civic... that's just good fun:)
Hey - Sleepers are a whole different world and are very, very fun for play. :D

NICE! I see it's a GTX(or is it?), but what year?
It's a Road Runner/GTX, which is the only "GTX" they had for 1972-74. After the EPA stepped in (1972), they had to quit putting the Hemi and 440-6 into production cars - couldn't meet the environmental requirements. Since all GTX's got a minimum 440-4 there was no need for a separate GTX car line after 1971. But any 1972-74 Road Runner with a factory 440 got GTX badging as well as the Road Runner badging. Mine was built in Aug 1971, a very early model-year '72. I like the '72 (over the very popular '71) because I love the grill. Along with that loop bumper it's just too :cool:

BTW - The license plate is "R-72GTX" ("R" for "our" - the wife didn't want to be left out!) ... ;)

A 20g is going to make a whole lot more than 300HP......Could get close to 450 at the crank if you can rev the motor high enough to pump enough air.

A 20g is going to make a whole lot more than 300HP......Could get close to 450 at the crank if you can rev the motor high enough to pump enough air.

Yeah the 20G will maxing out at around 450, of course that's at an insane amount of boost (like 22 psi). Like I said... modest ;). It'll be nicely streetable at around 16, so that's where I'm headed.

Well the 20G isn't TOO big, it'll definitely spool slower than the 16 that's on there now. I've also been debating on just grabbing a Super 16, which is about perfect for what I'm needing. It'll just max out it's potential earlier, if I ever did want a little more.

Of course I could always take the brute force method. My old man has a Rebuilt 340 Magnum out of an old Charger, that we always talk about shoehorning into any vehicle either of us ever gets... I'm sure this would strike more of a chord with QuietIce:) A little Mopar Muscle in a minitruck... That would definitely equal:burn:

Oh man, now you're talking REAL horsepower instead of the I-gotta-be-revving-10000RPM-to-burn-the-tires horsepower! LOL!!! :D

But seriously, V-8's are a whole different world from in-line or even V-6. A 340 Magnum, short of the newer Mustang V-8s (you know it killed me to type that! ;)), is one of the sweetest small V-8's out there. The only problem with a built 340 is it's hard to make a sleeper when the vehicle is limping right-left-right-left, though you can quiet them down with modern mufflers and hope no one notices the Thumper Shimmy. The hardest thing with shoe-ins is getting the intake in there. Nothing says "I'm here!" quite like a breather sticking out of the hood - but a mild blower with a side-mount TB might fit ... ;)

Oh man, now you're talking REAL horsepower instead of the I-gotta-be-revving-10000RPM-to-burn-the-tires horsepower! LOL!!! :D

But seriously, V-8's are a whole different world from in-line or even V-6. A 340 Magnum, short of the newer Mustang V-8s (you know it killed me to type that! ;)), is one of the sweetest small V-8's out there. The only problem with a built 340 is it's hard to make a sleeper when the vehicle is limping right-left-right-left, though you can quiet them down with modern mufflers and hope no one notices the Thumper Shimmy. The hardest thing with shoe-ins is getting the intake in there. Nothing says "I'm here!" quite like a breather sticking out of the hood - but a mild blower with a side-mount TB might fit ... ;)

That damn 340 would stick a foot out of the top of my hood, there would be NO WAY that I could hide it :) My dad loves that engine though. There's no way he would actually go through with dropping it into MY vehicle, even though it sits in his garage (loved but unused)

Back