• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k/MVE & 3D Benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for all the answers, and yes i know what you have been saying ED!! Just wanted to get the platform in place and work from there, with some older cards.

Yeah Ivan i feel like a Castrated Cat here, but i need to find a way to flash these cards in the future my friend!

AJ.

The ezflash tool over at the gtx 780 owner's club thread at OCN is pretty dam e-z :p
(not sure how you brits pronounce Z though, more like 'zed'? ee-zed lol)
Sounds funny eh mate?

@Ajay
Easy flash -> nvflash *bios file name*.rom -4 -5 -6 ( this command force flash everything ) ... so if you have bios file named 780ti.rom then you type -> nvflash 780ti.rom -4 -5 -6

Can make it from windows opening command prompt -> run -> cmd.exe
I'm not using any weird easy flash methods.
What you need:
nvflash files -> http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2258/nvflash-5-142-for-windows/
BIOS -> http://www.overclock.net/t/1438886/official-nvidia-gtx-780-ti-owners-club , any from EVGA should work for your card as there are only clock differences that you can adjust manually ( best is to rename bios file to something short like 780ti.rom or something like that )

You can solder new cards too but most ( except reference ) are designed to set higher clocks/voltages without any hardware mods.
All EVGA cards except Classified are reference so every BIOS is going to work. When flashing is successful then you get info about it. If it's not then simply flash it again before you restart system.
Even if something won't work after flash then you still can force flash "bricked" card from the same command line simply adding cards ID to the command while card in 2nd pcie ( read as secondary without monitor connection ).

Regarding benching on multiple cards. All new cards are scalling really bad in SLI/CF in older benchmarks. To see any improvements best is to focus on Vantage or newer tests as everything older base almost only on CPU.
3DM01 and 03 should show some higher results only in Nature tests. Due to driver settings etc, results on 2+ cards are usually worse. New WinXP drivers are already not supporting more than 1 card.

Last edited:
Thanks Woomack my friend and everyone that is trying to help me, Yeah been looking at the SKYNET BIOS for a few weeks now. Wondering wether to give it a go off of OCN!!
They have EZFLASH set up and all the Bioses for Different types of Reference 780 TI's, been reading a lot and looking at the results after they have flashed the cards.

Power slider to 200%
Voltage to 1.212v

Some are having very good results others not so, some Artifacts on the bench marks!!

Yeah i was thinking of Vantage, Firestrike extreme, Heaven and 3D MARK 11 PRO as well. All of these should be good to go as they say even Woomack favorite CATZILLA 720P lol!!!

Its another new thing i have to learn here, and still have not picked up the courage to do this yet. But there will come a time that i will after get on with it and see if it works for me here.

By the way i found my ASIC result today for one of my 780 TI's 75.5%, yes some people do not set much by it, but its good to know anyway.

Snap 2014-03-06 at 15.18.38.jpg

Respectfully,

AJ.

By the way i found my ASIC result today for one of my 780 TI's 75.5%, yes some people do not set much by it, but its good to know anyway.

Its a good judge of ambient vs sub-zero performance, but that's about all.

Hi Atmin, my understanding is a judgement on AIR vs WC would you say that is correct!!

AJ.

Air and water are both ambient cooling methods, I don't think ASIC shows a correlation between that at all.

Air and water are both ambient cooling methods, I don't think ASIC shows a correlation between that at all.
Correct... this is sub ambient versus ambient cooling is what ASIC gives an IDEA of. Water is still ambient cooling. :thup:

Out these Bioses for the 780TI's which would be best for my card??

AJ.
You will want to start your own thread or add this to your existing benching thread since this is about funsouls 2600K/MVE. ;)

To give a quick answer though, there is only one bios in that first thread... perhaps there are others in the thread, but there is one at the top. I would use that.

OK just some thing i picked up on the Web which i just wanted to try out on here Atmin!

Sorry ED just got carried away chatting, will shoot off now and sorry to Funsoul!!

AJ.

Last edited:
Difficult benching the past couple nights :( With 2 cards, was and am still not able to get sli working in XP (tried 285.xx as well as 310.90 and 320.xx). The sli settings don't even appear in NVCP. SOOO frustrating!!!! Tried with 7x64 to see if there was some other problem but 2x sli works np with that os (haven't tried other os'). What the heck???

Decided to rtfm again...the mobo's a pita! There are the following pci-e slots: 1, 2A, 2B, 3 and 4. Here's what it wants:
4x sli- slots 1, 2A, 3 and 4
3x sli- slots 1, 2A and 3
2x sli- slots 1 and 2B <---- arghhh!!! PITA!!!

Thinking that to get them working properly under XP I'd have to tear down the quads and then add a little space between the first and 2nd cards so that I can fit the 2nd one into slot 2B. I may have to swing back to these cards at a later date (the quads will fit more or less as-is into the rive)...maybe go ahead and do the 1x 3D's before moving on, though...will think about that a bit.

Did do a couple test runs last night. My 3dm01 score is absolutely atrocious ( http://hwbot.org/submission/2511603_funsoul_3dmark2001_se_2x_geforce_gtx_580_89348_marks ). Comparing against other setups, really looks like I should be hitting in the 120k-130k-ish range. :(

Also had a bugged 3dm3 run ( http://www.3dmark.com/3dm03/6515310 ). Didn't bother to submit it because it's clearly a bugged run (and also because I didn't get a screenshot)....the setups with similar scores are much faster than what I'm running.

Attachments

• 2x580-2700k-3dm1-89348.jpg
    2x580-2700k-3dm1-89348.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 34
3DM01 scores way higher in XP, IIRC.
Yeah...having trouble getting 2x sli working in xp, though. Bios, gpu-z and NVCP see both cards but NVCP doesn't even show an option to enable sli. Did a restore of the loaded XP image, newp. Restored the bare nekkid xp install, nada. For **** n' giggles, did a clean install of XP....no go again. Thinking it's somehow related to having the 2nd card in slot 2A instead of 2B but then why would 7 not have a problem while XP is a fail?

Yeah...having trouble getting 2x sli working in xp, though. Bios, gpu-z and NVCP see both cards but NVCP doesn't even show an option to enable sli. Did a restore of the loaded XP image, newp. Restored the bare nekkid xp install, nada. For **** n' giggles, did a clean install of XP....no go again. Thinking it's somehow related to having the 2nd card in slot 2A instead of 2B but then why would 7 not have a problem while XP is a fail?

I ran 2x 7600GT (I know, way older) in XP, that was using the 307 drivers.
Didn't put up a great score, but I had one card that was way weaker than the first.

Indeed.

Funsoul, have you checked out the Little Black book on 01?
Yessir!

I ran 2x 7600GT (I know, way older) in XP, that was using the 307 drivers.
Didn't put up a great score, but I had one card that was way weaker than the first.
Yeah...it's very, very weird. When I had all 4 cards running, XP saw all 4, NVCP showed the 'enable sli' setting and let me enable sli but with only 2 of the 4 cards.

If I power all 4 cards again, get them 'seen' by NVCP and can re-enable sli using 2 of the cards, would it still be ok to run and submit scores that way? Gpu-z will show all 4 cards but will also show "Sli enabled (2 gtx 580)" (or some such message). Honestly....it's being such a pita and 1x/2x are SO competitive (my 2700k @ 5.5GHz is seriously outgunned by a lot of the setups) that I'm thinking to pull the cards and either get going on binning the 3930k's OR swapping out the quads with a pair of 9800gx2's and giving those a run through the 1155 setup before moving onward.

Thoughts?

I don't see an issue as long as GPUz shows that only two of the GPUs are in use.

for XP and SLI use old drivers, something like 285.xx should work ... 300+ series ( depends from cards ) give worse results or are not supporting SLI in WinXP

Hi Woomack! Yes...been trying the 285 ones. NVCP showed me the sli option (under XP) when I had 4 cards connected (only 2 in sli, though) but for some odd reason it's not showing the sli option with just 2 cards. Going to try a fresh restore with all 4 cards to see if I can get 2 working in sli again before giving up on them for now.

Really wondering if it's the mobo wanting that 2nd card in the next slot down (2B)...with 3 or 4 cards it wants them in 2A (which is where they are now).

Attachments

• 9800gx2-2700k-aqua-352969.jpg
    9800gx2-2700k-aqua-352969.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 9800gx2-2700k-3dm1-111620.jpg
    9800gx2-2700k-3dm1-111620.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 9800gx2-2700k-3dm3-95344.jpg
    9800gx2-2700k-3dm3-95344.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 9800gx2-2700k-3dm5-46078.jpg
    9800gx2-2700k-3dm5-46078.jpg