• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600k/MVE & 3D Benching

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EWWWWW!!!! Just noticed something about my subs....every one of them is showing that the cards are running pci-e1.1! :( How do I get them all showing pci-e3.0???
In GPUz? That is normal on idle as it 'clocks down' to PCIe1.1 to save on power or something. Once a 3D load hits it, she will ramp up to whatever it is supposed to. Run something windowed next to it if you can (even furmark or something) and watch it ramp up. ;)

Cool. Guess that's a mix of good/soso news. Good because I'm probably getting the right pci-e speed, soso because for a second was thinking that I could boost my scores by 2-3% hehe

All good, though. Looking forward to getting through the rest of the 1155 3-way and 2-way 3D's so I can fire them up on the rive (after testing the 4 3930k's to find the best one...hopefully 1's pretty strong). Already have the rive erasered and ready to roll. Ugh...that reminds me....still need to replace the waterblocks on the 460's and slap a waterblock on the other 4870x2 :/

aquamark - 3-way sli

Morning folks!

Well...got the 3-way running last night. Had to dig around for the 3-way bridge (the bridge thing is such a pita, btw) but did eventually find it. Wasn't able to really increase my overclocks on the cards which is inconsistent with my experience on tri-680's where the max clocks went up when the number of cards was reduced.

So, things become much more competitive as the number of cards drops. Here's my first go at aquamark: http://hwbot.org/submission/2510076_funsoul_aquamark_3x_geforce_gtx_580_392182_marks

Not sure if I'll be able to advance on this one as the folks in front of me have my 2700k a bit outgunned. Figure I'll just continue along as best I can and try to wrap up the remaining 3x/2x 3D's in the next week.

Attachments

• 3x580-2700k-aqua-392182.jpg
    3x580-2700k-aqua-392182.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 25
3x sli- 3dm6

Last of the 3x sli benches on the 2700k.

Attachments

• 3x580-2700k-3dm6-40305.jpg
    3x580-2700k-3dm6-40305.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 21

Yeah...looking on hwbot, 3dm1 (likemost of the others in this batch) actually scale negatively. :/ The GTPP are pretty nice and the globals aren't horrible, though.

3dm3 shows minute scaling, 6 too but only up to 2 cards where it falls off a cliff at 3x and 4x.

PS ...Chance's sub there is blasting! No chance for my 2700k to touch that height.

Last edited:
Tonight will revert the vga drivers on the 4 o/s' to the 285.xx ones (they only work for me using 1x or 2x cards)...should help make my setup marginally more competitive.

Will try to run through the 2x and 1x (changed my mind...will do the 1x, too as it could be quite a long while before I get to cold bench vga) between now and Friday night. Hopefully get the 2011 setup running this weekend so I can start binning the 4 3930k's. Then, a bit of a pause until I figure out the fastest one, then it's the 4x/3x/2x/1x 580's for the remaining 3D benches.

Well good luck on the Binning process i hope you find at least one decent CPU out of the batch!

AJ.

Thanks Ajay...me, too. Hoping one of them will get to 5.5+ but we'll see. Excited to run the quad 7970's but gotta say....may go with the 9800gx2's (have a pair of them) next...seems like loads of boints there for the grabbing.

As an aside...great benching you've been doing lately! Gooooo Team!!!!

Thanks, but as you know you get to a point where its harder to keep beating your score lol!! I would say i am getting really close to that point the only thing next to do would to put these under WC. Hopefully that would allow me to raise the OC without them crashing, the other option is the SKYNET BIOS!! ;)

But i am not sure about flashing my 780 TI's here as i have never done anything like that before!! And i am really worried about bricking these cards, since i do not have any experience. :shrug: :shrug:

AJ.

Nobody started with experience... just guts. ;)

Does your 780Ti's have a dual bios (switch?)? If so, no worries. ;) If not, you have two cards and can flash one card while using the other...

Last edited:
Thanks, but as you know you get to a point where its harder to keep beating your score lol!! I would say i am getting really close to that point the only thing next to do would to put these under WC. Hopefully that would allow me to raise the OC without them crashing, the other option is the SKYNET BIOS!! ;)
AJ.

I hear ya' man....that's why I generally go after older hardware. There are loads and loads of boints available on the older stuff and the competition's much more stable (there aren't, for example, too many people benching 478 these days). Maybe pick up some old as the hills (but still pci-e) graphic cards? For example, check out the 9800 gx2 at the bot and look at the cpus/speeds on most of the top entries. I think your cpu could compete pretty nicely ;)

I hear ya' man....that's why I go after (generally) older hardware. There are loads and loads of boints available on the older stuff and the competition's much more stable (there aren't, for example, too many people benching 478 these days). Maybe pick up some old as the hills (but still pci-e) graphic cards? For example, check out the 9800 gx2 at the bot and look at the cpus/speeds on most of the top entries. I think your cpu could compete pretty nicely ;)
+1.. Been saying that for months to Ajay!!! But he marches to the beat of his own drum, which is, of course, OK. :thup:

Don't get me wrong, I love me some globals, but, to me, 'winning' this benching 'game' comes in hardware boints and beating out others with the same hardware. Anyone that can afford it can essentially get globals (which is OK as well.. not being disparaging). :)

Last edited:
Back