• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

299 Free Xbox 360s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ooooooooook... Guess nobody gets up this early on a Saturday.

At any rate: Turns out the whole thing is a scam: I saw the internal memo. They were never giving away 299 *systems*. Just any new or used game $19.99 or under (even though their press release specifically said "systems").

But free is FREE! I turned down a used copy of Assasin's Creed in favor of a new copy of Stranglehold Collector's Edition. I figured maybe I could exchange the unopened Stranglehold for either the PS3 version (which comes with Hardboiled) or a 34.99 PS3 game of my choice (I would choose Burnout or wait for SCIV).

Ooooooooook... Guess nobody gets up this early on a Saturday.

At any rate: Turns out the whole thing is a scam: I saw the internal memo. They were never giving away 299 *systems*. Just any new or used game $19.99 or under (even though their press release specifically said "systems").

But free is FREE! I turned down a used copy of Assasin's Creed in favor of a new copy of Stranglehold Collector's Edition. I figured maybe I could exchange the unopened Stranglehold for either the PS3 version (which comes with Hardboiled) or a 34.99 PS3 game of my choice (I would choose Burnout or wait for SCIV).
LOL, I saw it when you posted it :beer:

Sadly, no stores near me :(

Seems a new copy of Stranglehold is worth less than a used copy of Assasin's creed now. Oh well. There's still a hell of a lot more I can do with a new, unopened game. I can take it to Target... take it to Wallmart... I've got options.

Back