• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 GPUs, Asus X99All mobo, which slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

Hi
Installing a 3rd GPU on an Asus X99All mobo. There are 4 PCIE slots. Does it matter which ones I use? I have 1 Titan XP and 2 GTX 1080 cards.

3rd GPU covers Audio and USB3.0 connectors on mobo

Hi
About to install a 3rd GPU on my Asus X99A-II mobo in the recommended 4th (bottom) PCIe slot but I see that it is going to cover both my front panel audio and USB 3.0 connectors.
What can I do?

Merged the threads, there's no reason for there to be two threads regarding basically the same topic.

Few options.

Forgo the front panel connections

Try the 3rd slot and see if you get a performance difference

Try to route the cables for the connectors out of the way without pulling them too hard

Switch to a card that has a lower profile heatsink (or single slot water-cooling) assuming that would make a difference

Use a riser for the video card

Last edited:
Doesn't matter although you should definitely have a card in the 1st slot. Personally, I just put them in slot order so 3 gpus, then slots 1, 2 and 3. For you...1, 2, 4 or 1, 3, 4 or 1, 2, 3 will all be fine.

Back