• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3700 or opty 146

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

#1STUD

Registered
Which one would you guys recommend. Does the extra multi on the 3700 help you out a lot or would i be fine with the 10 multiplier on the 146. Also which ones tend to run cooler.

Go with the Diego but make sure that you get one with the E4 stepping because the E6 steppings dont overclock as well. Diegos are cheaper than the 146's right now anyways and the 11 multi on diegos will help you out. I doubt that one runs hotter than the other.

whichever is cheaperm you do have a pretty good shot at 3.0ghz with a 146 with a capable motherboard, I would say the average oc on air of a 146 is 2.9 while the average on a 3700 is 2.75

My 3700 did 2.63 on stock volts and 2.9 at 1.5 while the 146 i had did 2.65 on stock volts and 3.0 on 1.5.

its luck of the draw really.

Sandy is a nice proc i'd just go with that, mines at 2.8 with 1.48v or something

Michael Warren said:
Go with the Diego but make sure that you get one with the E4 stepping because the E6 steppings dont overclock as well. Diegos are cheaper than the 146's right now anyways and the 11 multi on diegos will help you out. I doubt that one runs hotter than the other.

I doubt there is a way for him to pick the stepping that he wants, its all luck of the draw like Rattle said.

Back