• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

38 second boot on new SSD gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Juet been going through your hardware list seems a lot of people are having trouble with bios and gpu after updating past bios version 0601
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2192744/connecting-gpu-z97-pro.html

Likely they wrote a duff bios...

Hmm, 0603 is the earliest bios version Asus has posted on their site, and it's listed as "first release bios."
So I can't even go back that far.
I'll try flashing 1103 when I get home & if that doesn't make the boots quicker, than it seems like that's what it'll have to be until they either fix the bios or I find the magical setting hidden in the bios that's causing these boot anomalies.

I can get past a slightly longer boot time, it's not that life-changing, and the SSD performance at an OS level seems to be blazing fast, so my only concern is that there's still an underlying problem somewhere that will rear it's ugly head later.
I have no idea, for instance, why I can't press tab to see what's going on during the post. Or why 5% of the time is doesn't want to recognize usb devices on reboot. :shrug:

Hmm, 0603 is the earliest bios version Asus has posted on their site, and it's listed as "first release bios."
So I can't even go back that far.
I'll try flashing 1103 when I get home & if that doesn't make the boots quicker, than it seems like that's what it'll have to be until they either fix the bios or I find the magical setting hidden in the bios that's causing these boot anomalies.

I can get past a slightly longer boot time, it's not that life-changing, and the SSD performance at an OS level seems to be blazing fast, so my only concern is that there's still an underlying problem somewhere that will rear it's ugly head later.
I have no idea, for instance, why I can't press tab to see what's going on during the post. Or why 5% of the time is doesn't want to recognize usb devices on reboot. :shrug:

Honestly, I have some USB problems on my P8Z77-V LK. Same equipment has been fine on multiple other computers (without Asus boards).

Could it just be an Asus/USB issue? :shrug:

Not really helpful, just speculating.

Scanning through other peoples joyous experience's all kinds of random crazy happens so I'd be relatively happy it's stable to a degree at all.

It wont be hardware just bios.

Next logical step for myself in your situation would be check to see if your gpu bios can be updated... Have a read up on if they patched things at the gpu end. :)

Edit: oh and one guy had no issue until he plugged his alternate usb keyboard and mouse in... Then it froze at post.

May just have to wait it out for Asus to get themselves together...

Edit2: someone also had the ethernet/wifi issue you found two...

Last edited:
Scanning through over peoples joyous experience's all kinds of random crazy happens so I'd be relatively happy it's stable to a degree at all.

It wont be hardware just bios.

Next logical step for myself in your situation would be check to see if your gpu bios can be updated... Have a read up on if they patched things at the gpu end. :)

Yes! It appears otherwise very stable, so I'm happy about that.

I'll look into the GPU bios and see what I can find out about that.

May just have to wait it out for Asus to get themselves together...

That may be the case. I could live with that on an otherwise stable system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have pretty much the same settings on my and my father's PC. It probably takes 30 seconds from boot to Windows. The only difference I have is I turn the F1 for error off. For water cooling I may not have a CPU fan installed. For air cooling, I may not always have the CPU fan plugged into the CPU header.

Back