• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3rd GPU, need to know if 600 watts is enuff.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
But not more profitable!

If he's making $0.06/day at $474 and eventually sells at $1000 (it's been there, it'll be back) that's 13 cents a day!
If he's holding long term and BTC really does hit the five figure mark, that's $1.13/day. Starting to sound vaguely worth it.

Personally I'm hoping for six figures, $10/day for a year sounds nice, that'll buy a couple coffees.

EDIT:
Well yeah that too, buying bitcoins can be a bit of a PITA.

In this case, seems like less effort to buy and hold...

I've burned myself a few times doing that, but I've started to learn how to read the markets yes.

Buying and holding & selling is my weak spot - which is horrible for mining I know.
And it's something I'm going to improve upon.

But not more profitable!

If he's making $0.06/day at $474 and eventually sells at $1000 (it's been there, it'll be back) that's 13 cents a day!
If he's holding long term and BTC really does hit the five figure mark, that's $1.13/day. Starting to sound vaguely worth it.

Personally I'm hoping for six figures, $10/day for a year sounds nice, that'll buy a couple coffees.

EDIT:
Well yeah that too, buying bitcoins can be a bit of a PITA.

Don't forget (Sorry didn't make this clear :facepalm: ) 6 cents per day is for mining Litecoin directly, which I'm not doing anymore.

I was making ~ $9 USD /day back when Bitcoin was ~$900, boy those were the good days :)

What Bobn is saying is to sell two of the GPUs and invest the money since mining is literally a non-profit for you right now.

What Bobn is saying is to sell two of the GPUs and invest the money since mining is literally a non-profit for you right now.

Sell the GPU's.....
Man that's my absolute last resort....

If anything, I'll just fold on the GPU's

Is that what I'm saying?

I wasn't sure I actually had a cohesive message at this point, other than the generic CHEAP PSUS ARE BAD AND NOT CHEAP CAUSE THEY ESSPLODE AND KILL THINGS LIKE BOMBS BUT THEY WON'T ACTUALLY KILL BOMBS.
Or something like that.

Is that what I'm saying?

I wasn't sure I actually had a cohesive message at this point, other than the generic CHEAP PSUS ARE BAD AND NOT CHEAP CAUSE THEY ESSPLODE AND KILL THINGS LIKE BOMBS BUT THEY WON'T ACTUALLY KILL BOMBS.
Or something like that.

hahahaha.

as for the 6 cents perday. ouch.
walk down the road for 20 mins picking up pennies then invest those into btc lol.
jk lol sell the lesser video card, get new monitor, as said before why have nice gpu's if ur gaming on 1024 monitor :)

Don't know if you saw it today Silver but the Seasonic 750Gold is on sale at the egg for 48 hours.

Don't know if you saw it today Silver but the Seasonic 750Gold is on sale at the egg for 48 hours.

Naw, I didn't see that yet.

TBH, I can't afford a new PSU, so for now I'll just run the 7850 and the 270x

Back