• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

56C in battlefield 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jberg01

Registered
so i went back to my stock cooler and i sent my h60 back to buy a good air cooler and im worried about my temps in battlefield 3 im getting in the 50's is that alright to hold me over or should i stop playing games? thank you

thermaltake commander CPU:fx 6300 and gtx 560 nothing is overclocked

You're fine, albeit a bit high, what are your ambient temps? If you want to try dropping them further while you wait for good air heatsink, you can always take the case door off and use a house fan blowing towards the case. It should help a bit.

thanks guys i figured i would be good i just wanted to double check anyone have any good idea on air coolers for cheap i know cm makes some good ones i had the 212 plus before the h60 and i loved it anyone have any good luck with any others?

It all depends on what you're planning to do with it. If you're leaving it stock to mildly overclocked then a CM 212 Evo will suit your needs. If you are really looking to push then you will probably need something better.
I own the following:
CM 212+
Thermalright Ultra Extreme, bought used on Ebay for $20+ S/H which gave me 8c better temps then the 212+ on my I5-2500k overclocked
Prolimatech Megahalems, also bought on Ebay used for $15.+ S/H, it gave me 10c better temps on my 2500k overclocked.

Take my drops in temperature with a grain of salt, they aren't scientific tests and I didn't check for differences in ambient temps, though the test were all run within an hour or so of one another, with the same fans. YMMV.

Last edited:
thermaltake commander CPU:fx 6300 and gtx 560 nothing is overclocked

Be nice to see a detailed list. You want our help but you make a quick a 30 second post. We are free you need to do the work.

Case? Yea, but what did you do to it?

Fans upgraded? What are they exactly? Many do it.

CPU cooler exactly.

Processor, and a screenshot post of your CPUZ at idle and at load and a screenshot of your temps using Realtemp (maybe an issue since your AMD). You need Coretemp to make sure, screenshot of that please.

Ambient room temps. Pics of the case.

We can help but why flail in the wind. We do have many like you. Some expect magic, some really realize they need to help the techs who do this and WORK at it. We's free. We can just not read the thread anymore. We have some that know reality and how it works, they get really good help. Which are you?

The reply I quoted just makes us go.... Naaa better stuff to do.

You can make a detailed sig now if you want to...................

Last edited:
I reworded your reply in english with punctuation and common use english language, not a talking to buddies on a a smartphone is quick non-technical information, more like telling a joke or a 16 year old info of where a party is.

"Alright, I see I need to rework what I need to say for help to figure out my problem. I need to work on more info and thinking what you need know about my issue. I'll work on that on my NEXT post, thank you".

Hmm, that's what we want to see. You understand?

And you still have no sig.

Back