• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5870 real pics :D and specs :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I stayed up and didn't see ANY cards hit Newegg. The release was supposed to be today for the USA, and the 23rd for Europe.

Where'd ya hear that? I'm pretty sure it's not until tomorrow. Maybe the NDA is up at 9am PST today but I kinda doubt it.

was in the middle of reading the article and it seems to have been pulled

edit: it's back

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the article Gabkicks. Going by the 2560x1600 with 8x AA benches to eliminate the cpu from the equation, the hd5870 seems to be maybe 40% better than a gtx 285 on average (rough estimate) I think. It seems to slice through AA and AF like a hot knife through butter. The super low idle power consumption is awesome too.

I'm starting to think I've been in the game too long. Not finding this exciting at all....

I wouldn't care too much but i recently discovered the glory of 2048x1536 with AA. It's pretty cool when you can look at the tiniest things in the distance in game and the are no pixels in sight. It's like a painting. I want to go through the fallout 3 expansions with high res texture mods like that :)

You know why I'm not excited? I have a 4870 and all the games I play run fantastic, not just great, but fantastic...

I usually found myself upgrading because I wanted/needed more... everything still runs really nicely, even new games. So why would I upgrade? I think I'll wait to see what new games come out to actually challenge my 4870 to care. :) First generation in a longggg time I haven't been in the first 2 week buying category!

^^

i like my 295 better then my 4890, trust me it gets alot better :D

5870 is going to be a really sweet deal, 400 bux is not alot to ask for what you are getting!

Back