• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5870 real pics :D and specs :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Meh, if done right Larabee has potential. Each attempt of Intels in graphics to date has failed though so we'll see.

Yet the architecture they last publicly described was that it's nothing more than a Pentium 1 w/MMX technology. oooooooohhhhhh:screwy:

Of course, 64 of those silly little cores all ganging up might be a little threatening to the status quo ;)

Once more, I'll wait to see the results. I'm sceptical of unreleased product. I'll wait for the benchies before commenting.

Anyone else waiting up tonight for the cards to start showing up at retailers? Newegg should have them by 3 AM EC Time, so I'm gonna get up early tomorrow morning and see if I can snag one.

Nice. I'm stepping down from dual 4890's just to upgrade, so it looks like only a 5850 for me...Sort sucks because the performance will only be about the same at best in Dx9 and Dx10. Good news is that the card is 40nm, shorter, runs cooler, and has Dx11 and Eyefinity...so I cant really be upset.

I might just wait a few weeks though because I doubt I'll be fast enough to pull the trigger in a few hours from now.

if you guys want to be the first to have them i suggest you stay up tonight because i doubt there will be any left for tomorrow morning....

i just cant wait to see some real benches pop up

^^

I agree, man I feel like its xmas already!

They probably wont be able to keep up with demand, so xmas is probably when ill be getting one :(

Hopefully they can pump em out! :thup:

Just one of those cards will look at my puny q66 and laugh at me for even trying..

Ummmm, tell me if I'm wrong, but the 5870 seems so close in performance to the 285 in many benchies its kind of disappointing.....

Ah well, I'll wait for GPGPU apps to become available before buying a DX11 card anyways.

Ummmm, tell me if I'm wrong, but the 5870 seems so close in performance to the 285 in many benchies its kind of disappointing.....

Ah well, I'll wait for GPGPU apps to become available before buying a DX11 card anyways.

It is? Lol. the HD5870 is compared to the 295GTX for a reason.. The HD5850 is more comparable to the 285 it seems, going off those, hence why they compared them.. In higher res's with AA and AF the ATI cards seem to storm ahead. So we'll see how things turn out when its all properly done..

Maybe you are confusing the pictures?

they have the 5850 lined up against the 285

and the 5870 lined up against the 295.

Maybe you are confusing the pictures?

they have the 5850 lined up against the 285

and the 5870 lined up against the 295.

Nah, was just checking the graphs. If that turns out to be accurate its not a big enough performance increase for me to bother upgrading. I may skip a generation of cards I think and wait for the next round.

Nah, was just checking the graphs. If that turns out to be accurate its not a big enough performance increase for me to bother upgrading. I may skip a generation of cards I think and wait for the next round.

dont get to ahead of your self bro lets wait for some more believable benches at high res's ;)

I'm still running a 20" widescreen. My primary interest is down to GPGPU reasons..... I just want a version of AShampoo that does all encoding on the video card......

Back