• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64 bit Flash finally here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Finally! I'll test it out when I get home!

Now if only GNash would come along..

Yeah, runs well in Chrome... Unfortunately no support for IE x64. Seems kind of ridiculous, IMO.
Oh well, Flash10 installs into 32bit IE just fine so Steam isn't complaining about my lack of Flash now.

Yeah, runs well in Chrome... Unfortunately no support for IE x64. Seems kind of ridiculous, IMO.
Oh well, Flash10 installs into 32bit IE just fine so Steam isn't complaining about my lack of Flash now.

that's very weird. you would think that they would want to create a version that works in ie x64... i guess they are afraid people still won't be using ie x64 since there aren't many other plugins for it yet. i am sure it will happen eventually...

They didn't create a version that works in IE x64 first because they had a very specific reason. If you read some of the articles about it they asked people about 64 bit flash and the GNU/Linux users were by far the most vocal about wanting it. So because of this they decided to develop the 64 bit flash for GNU/Linux first. 64 bit flash for windows will come later but for today it's just GNU/Linux.

So thus since IE doesn't run in GNU/Linux (at least not without wine) there is no version.

They (Adobe) also realised the average Linuxer usually has considerably more knowledge of whats going on than the average Windows user and submit bug reports that make much more sense !!

In other words.. The Openistas are beta testing it for everyone else

Impressive that a major sw company has decided to give the open source community something polished before putting it on Windows. ;)

Yesss...

Finally i can hear my flash sound..thanks for the update!!!!good news too me

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how slow migration to 64 bit has been. I finally got a 64 bit machine myself, and I am about 5+ years behind... and there are STILL issues.

still no flash support on 64bit browsers

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following Flash Player 10.

still no flash support on 64bit browsers

Did you bother to read the link in OP? At the very top of the linked page:

Adobe said:
Update: Furthering Adobe's commitment to the Linux community and as part of ongoing efforts to ensure the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player, an alpha version of 64-bit Adobe Flash Player 10 for Linux operating systems was released on 11/17/2008 and is available for download. This offers easier, native installation on 64-bit Linux distributions and removes the need for 32-bit emulation. Learn more by reading the 64-bit Flash Player 10 FAQ.

This is the Alt-OS forums, no one cares about IE7 here. =p

Back