• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64 bit Flash finally here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is the Alt-OS forums, no one cares about Windows Update here. =p

Finally!! No more crashing npviewer.bin issues. That was never really was stable for me.

Did they fix that dangummit menu issue?

Menus on the tops of some web pages is hidden behind flash content. Pretty much makes that menu useless. Menus work great when the flash does not hide it.

One example of a number of sites I have issues on.

flashmenu.png

You know, I was really wondering if you were going to say that. I've had that problem forever. I never heard of anyone else having it. It's annoying as hell. I end up just clicking on the menu heading usually since you cannot see the menus.

Is this a Linux flash issue, or a 64 bit issue? Or a firefox issue? Or AMD? Or nVidia?

Over and over it points to flash. The java package works great. Since without the flash hiding it. The menus just work.
I found it is both 32 bit and 64 bit. I have had this issue forever now. I don't use anything else but Gecko browsers. So I can't say if the KDE browsers or Opera suffers from it.
It overlays itself on top sort of like a layer floating above everything. It is actually a well known bug.

Last edited:
I installed 10. No dice on fixing the issue of hidden menus. Least for me anyways.

It is faster loading youtube and some other flv site content. Maybe they will get around the issue in later builds before the final.

They (Adobe) also realised the average Linuxer usually has considerably more knowledge of whats going on than the average Windows user and submit bug reports that make much more sense !!

In other words.. The Openistas are beta testing it for everyone else

ya but then compare the number of windows users vs linux users and that avg windows users base who know what they are doing is now = to or greater then those linux users :)

either way glad they got it!

ya but then compare the number of windows users vs linux users and that avg windows users base who know what they are doing is now = to or greater then those linux users :)

Nnnnnnnnnnnno. No, it's not. People who know what they're doing when they use Windows are rare indeed, considering that >=90% of the desktop space is owned by Windows, and that about 70% or more of those users are idiots nontechnical and just use it to get to MySpace...

This thread has nothing to do with Windows, nor is it in a Windows subforum. Let's not drag it that way, please.

I'm sorry for posting it in here, I could've swore there was another thread about flash 64bit not being support yet in 64bit windows.... I saw this thread from the "get new" button and didn't realize it was in the alt os section.

Back