• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gt messing up NOW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcll2002

Ive had my evga 7900gt co for 6 months now and no matter how many times i change my drivers, i still get "stuck pixels" all over my screen. Theyre essentially stuck pixels of either green or red, but they move around alot whenever i scroll or try to play games. I also get really bad artifacts and messed up textures in game

My temps are in the upper 20s to low 30s celcius (idle) so i know thats not the problem.

Is there a solution or do i have to RMA the card? If i do, is there a way i can be stepped up to a GTO, or GTX? Its just such an inconvenience that i think something should be done.

thanks.

also, if i do submit an RMA will i be without a graphics card or will evga just send me one and i send mine back (or something like that)?

Last edited:
How long have you been having this problem, sicne the begining? Or do you think it could have happened when you set up your watercooling loop? GPU cores are pretty easy to damage.

Also, evga does not do cross shipping, so you will be without a card for a period of time.

hey man

well, its been happening for a couple weeks then all of a sudden today it got so bad i couldnt play cs at all. It was awful.

Monarch is willing to cross ship with me (or they should be) because i have a warranty through them.

I dont think its the water though due to the fact that it just got really really bad today. BTW, ive replaced the drivers 4 times and the same problem still occurs.

jcll2002 said:
hey man

well, its been happening for a couple weeks then all of a sudden today it got so bad i couldnt play cs at all. It was awful.

Monarch is willing to cross ship with me (or they should be) because i have a warranty through them.

I dont think its the water though due to the fact that it just got really really bad today. BTW, ive replaced the drivers 4 times and the same problem still occurs.

Pull the card clean it reseat the cooler. Worse case if you don't want to lose data, reformat.

Is it just one game causing the crash or anything?

Worse case is an RMA. eVGA is pretty decent about their RMA turn around. I just had to RMA mine, they sent out the replacement the same day they got it.

i already did reseat it. I'd much rather just RMA it then reformat.

Even when im not in games, i get random pixels that are green and red that seem to be stuck and i thought it was a bad lcd monitor but when i scroll down on a webpage or something, they move around. its so annoying. that, and i get extreme artifacting in games.

Are you sure it isn't the LCD? Have you tried another one?

If its not the moniter, it sounds like you've def got a hardware problem.

Only other thing I can think to try is running in safe mode, since it doesn't load your vga driver.

mr. roboto said:
Are you sure it isn't the LCD? Have you tried another one?

If its not the moniter, it sounds like you've def got a hardware problem.

Only other thing I can think to try is running in safe mode, since it doesn't load your vga driver.

Swap cards, if you got spare sitting around or put the card in a different computer, and swap monitors. Find the cause of error before you comit to a missing a card

ill try the safe mode.

I dont have a spare gfx or monitor lol. i know, its sad :)

interesting results.

It still has the same problem of having the "fake stuck pixels" (i have no idea how to describe it other than that) during the windows loading screen aswell as in safe mode.

This would just mean a faulty card?

Well, it tells us that it's not the drivers, and probably isn't software related.

Do you have anything else to hook up your LCD to? A laptop or another desktop?

ah yes, i just remembered i could hook up my bro's laptop via vga cable. ill post the results in a sec.

lol im a nub. i plug my bros laptop (integrated graphics) into my pc through vga but i dont know how to just get the laptop to be a screen if you know what i mean. how can i do that?

wow, im an idiot again, i just re-read your question. ill try plugging the laptop into the lcd, not my computer lol.

jcll2002 said:
lol im a nub. i plug my bros laptop (integrated graphics) into my pc through vga but i dont know how to just get the laptop to be a screen if you know what i mean. how can i do that?

wow, im an idiot again, i just re-read your question. ill try plugging the laptop into the lcd, not my computer lol.

LOL oh man, I was ondering what tool you so long hahaha.

no, it doesnt have the same problem. its the GFX.

now, i sent an email to the owner of monarch (the brother actually). hes helped me out alot in the past and im hoping that he will sent me a 7950gt or a 7900gto instead of my 7900gt. The only reason i think they may even consider this is because once i had to rma my psu and they gave me one that was of the same value that i originally spent, not the one i actually had.

Lets see how it goes.

jcll2002 said:
no, it doesnt have the same problem. its the GFX.

now, i sent an email to the owner of monarch (the brother actually). hes helped me out alot in the past and im hoping that he will sent me a 7950gt or a 7900gto instead of my 7900gt. The only reason i think they may even consider this is because once i had to rma my psu and they gave me one that was of the same value that i originally spent, not the one i actually had.

Lets see how it goes.

You just said it DOESN'T have the same problem. Maybe a typo but if it works fine using that as your monitor then it's not the GFX card it's your monitor bro :)

the monitor works well when connected to the laptop. it doesnt work well only with my computer...with the 7900gt

@dan- i tried that a few times already :)

Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Back