• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900XT AIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haider

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has heard of a good quality AIO watercooled Radeon 7900XT/7900XT coming out?

Thanks
Haider

For the nearly 100% up-charge I'm seeing on waterblocked cards you could just build a custom loop. I think AIOs are less common because they are more difficult to implement. There was a time that you could chuck a 120mm AIO on the exhaust of the case and call it good, but now many use 360mm and they would be more difficult to mount. Some cases can probably do dual 360mm, but I'm guessing many can't.

Are you opposed to installing your own block?

Zerileous has a point.

Blocks are not cheap but for the 600+$ you can do a lot and you can also reuse the loop later.

Also able to sell the block + original GPU etc.

Just really fear tearing off the cooler on a GPU and fitting the waterblock and making sure it all running before teh card start warming up...
We've all had that fear.... most of us got over it and made custom loops. It's intimidating, no doubt, but if we all balked at intimidating things, it would be a boring life.

Alphacool has some RX7900XT/XTX AIOs in good price, but it's the same work with installation as for any custom loop. It just seems a better idea to add CPU to the loop and make it all how you want. In the end it will look better too.

Some of this is older material but it's a great place to start. Use your feelings of fear to motivate research and allay them by actually knowing what you're doing. If you make sure that the block is from a reputable supplier and matches your card model exactly, place the thermal pads according to instruction, and tighten down the screws in a gradual cross pattern (like a car wheel) you won't have any issues. I blocked my card almost 5 years ago and never had any issues, and it was a model that a lot of people struggled with high hotspot temps.

you can also prime the loop with the PSU unplugged from the motherboard / gpu , the PSU can be jumperd with a wire or a purchased cable connector that jumpers it. they even make some adapters with a switch for on /off on power supply for this purpouse .
You should never prime your pumps and test for leaks on a live system anyways i usually let the loop turn for 15-20 min and check for any moisture leaking etc anyways before i go live.

Back