• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8350 Socket Temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it's been a long time since VDDA has given me any benefits, probably going back to my 965 or maybe my 1090T. Never hurts to try, that's why I mentioned it.

I hate to say it but that's more than likely the case. 4.64 was the top for me on my M5A pro R2. You've done quite well Dan :thup:
Hi Johan, yes it seems that I've topped out with this one. Not a problem I got my new case, motherboard & power supply yesterday & I'm starting my new build.
Dan

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGone View Post

1. Does that board have a setting where you can change the frequency of the VRMs? Stock is 300Mhz. Try 350 or 400.I do have that & will give it a tryI tried both 350 & 400 but no good

3. So from 2.) above I expect you do n0t have enough Volts to the Cpu. I often find that jumping one small increment upwards only gets me a 'portion' of the keyed in Voltage. Often the actual cpu voltage supplied is rather a coarse approximation of what we key into the bios.Did not know that!

4. SO looking at your temps and knowing that my water cooled Vcore had to be increased by 0.03 when I moved from water to air...> that means in a general way your FX-8350 should perhaps get 1.48 + 0.03 = 1.51Volts for the cpu. You are n0t there yet voltage wise speaking in the general way that I am. Plus your cpu might take even more than mine to become stable. OR less but so far less has not proved accurate.Will give that a tryI took it all the way up to 1.524v with no joy.

6. Okay looking at any loose ends besides the eVo and pRo boards don't have a robust enough VRM circuit, I don't see a bad ram situation and you have dropped the ram multiplier.
A.) I would make my ram voltage 1.55 if it is 1.50 ram.It is at 1.554v now

B.) I would make sure the CPU_NB was setting at about 1.25V with its' LLC set to HIGH if it has such in bios.Those both are there now

C.) I would also not have any issue with you dropping the cpu multiplier to 19x and raising the HT Ref Freq aka FSB to about 250 for <>4.8Ghz cpu speed. You need to make sure you change the ram speed downward and the CPU_NB downward and the HT Link Speed downward so that the 250 FSB does not push those into too high a range.I will give that a tryI tried 19x by 251 & took the memory back down below 1600 with the timing on auto. No luck.

Good info here, Thanks RGone. I'll let you know how it goes.
Dan
Tried each of these by themselves & all together but nothing helped. It would still hang the computer after about 10sec.
Moving on to a new build. Thanks for all the help.

Well at least it should be settled in your mind that adjustments will not fix your cpu speed. I was hoping against hope that something might give you just a little edge. I do remember the 9xx eVo and pRo board thing and 8 core processors and stability beyond a certain cpu speed. Case closed and thanks for giving it a go PPD. Now we know more of the rest of the story.
RGone...ster.

Well at least it should be settled in your mind that adjustments will not fix your cpu speed. I was hoping against hope that something might give you just a little edge. I do remember the 9xx eVo and pRo board thing and 8 core processors and stability beyond a certain cpu speed. Case closed and thanks for giving it a go PPD. Now we know more of the rest of the story.
RGone...ster.
Yes it's been fun & I've learned a lot from you guys. I'm going to put the 4170 back in the EVO & keep the 8350 for the new build.
Dan

New build???
Hi, well I'm starting a new sys. I've been doing research for about a month on all parts of a custom water loop rig. I just got the first parts yesterday & today.
case - cooler master HAF-932 full tower
MB - Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 going to put the 8350 in it
PS - corsair CX750M

I thought I would start a build thread to see what kind of recommendations I could get as to certain components needed. Mostly the water section of the build. I have a list of the components that I have chosen & would like to see what everyone thinks.

Have to get the old camera out & dust it off.
Dan

I was thinking of a way to cool my VRM and socket with a watercool setup, The best way I can figure out in my mind is to get a 120mm x 240mm piece of plexi. Cut it out using a 240mm rad template, then put a 90 degree bend in it screw one face to the exhaust fan and then screw another 120mm fan on that blows directly down onto the VRM's and socket.

Edit:
Or instead of re-inventing the wheel...
http://www.caselabs-store.com/120mm-fan-attachment-90-degree/

I was thinking of a way to cool my VRM and socket with a watercool setup, The best way I can figure out in my mind is to get a 120mm x 240mm piece of plexi. Cut it out using a 240mm rad template, then put a 90 degree bend in it screw one face to the exhaust fan and then screw another 120mm fan on that blows directly down onto the VRM's and socket.

Edit:

that's a very good find!!!!

I want a new build. Oh I want a new cooling loop. Oh crap I want a new video card. Well crap just post us up some pics. Hehehe.
RGone...:screwy::temper:

Edit:

Easier.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209044

Back