• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8X deluxe and XP2800 issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

OK guys I have flashed to 1001.C and I still cant make anything of this setup. I am new to the DDR settings, got use to RDRAM. I understand the RAM timings etc, just NO clue as to how to OC this Mobo. I change the X and it says WARNING CPU OVERSPEED! or whatever. WTF is that, I do not see anywhere that says SPD error hold so how do I disable this. I want it to run faster. Alot of questions here. I tried to check the other forums as well as read the manual before I post these possibly Stupid questions. If anyone knows of a link where the OC adjustments are defined or even discussed maybe I can make sense of whats going on here. Heck half the adjustments NEVER even take so I must be doing somthing wrong. Thanks EC

I am ONLY running the build to fold right now, as the new H2O block shall arrive any day at which point I was planning on the voltage mods. An Orb is taking care of business for now.

PS Hats off to OCnoob for the BIOS :D

Change the stop on error to None and that'll take care of your overspeed problem. Set RAM speed to "Sync" so it runs as fast as your FSB. Hope that helps some. Check out the stickies in the AMD section for advise about how to OC or post here and we'll try to help you out.

~THT

Thanks dude I didn't even see that stop deal ,I'll have to hunt for it. Yeah this Platform is going to take awhile to get used to. Seems a bit more complex than the RDRAM setups, but the benchies show it's worth it. I do have an Abit BD7 II, however it doesn't seem to have the ratios/ sync etc. I have left the CPU to 333 is this OK for OCing or should I work my way up from 200? You will see me in here I'm sure.....Thanks again. EC ;)

Well I did find that, it was on the first BIOS page. I still cannot for the life of me gain a single MHZ so I shall read on. At least the darn Error hold is off now. All of my adjustments seem to bring me to a 100FSB and a clock speed of 1350MHZ regaurdless of what I do Hmmm. :confused:

np on the bios man :) You're running a 2800+ and it's posting as 1.35ghz? have you checked the jumper on the board to make sure it's set for 333mhz? Also, have you checked the the multi? Other than that, I'm not sure what else it could be. Oh yeah, as far as your changes not sticking, how are you saving them? I know F10 has problems sometimes so I just use the arrow key to move to Exit and just hit enter 2x and it hasn't given me a problem yet. Me dumb but hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Back