• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A8N32 - SLI 2 min post ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica

When I boot up, it shows the normal post stuff, and stops at the "installed memory" bit .. and will sit there for a good 2 mins before it finishes posting and boots to windows .. I've taken everything off of the motherboard, so its just the PSU and motherboard .. still happens. I also swapped out the video card (PCI card) and still takes forever .. I just flashed the BIOS to the most current, and that didn't help either. I've played around with all the settings in the BIOS i could find .. and still, nothing.

Any ideas?

I'm always curious about the A8N32's (I own a bunch of them) could you be more specific about the problem and resolution?

You're not talking about the Legacy USB setting are you ...?

I'm always curious about the A8N32's (I own a bunch of them) could you be more specific about the problem and resolution?

You're not talking about the Legacy USB setting are you ...?

Well, when I disable the on board USB completely, it post like normal .. but when it is enabled, it takes a good 2 mins to post ..

And when we would use the USB a lot, we'd always get blue screens (shop machine, use it for data transfers/backups for customers)

My co worker had tons of problems, and now that I'm using it without the USB, I haven't had any problems .. so I'm not exactly sure whats wrong with it, but I don't need the USB anyhow ;d

That's interesting because my grandsons brought over some USB joysticks and they ended up botching things as well. There were initial problems with these boards if Legacy USB was enabled in BIOS (mine is still disabled) but I haven't had any issues with thumb-drives or anything like that. I've even got a USB mouse that I've been using for awhile now.

Did you check the Legacy USB setting? That may have been the problem all along ...

Back