• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit 400s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Penalty said:
IMO: Wait for the EPOX, should be better! :))

no it wont. Epox ia always a step behind Abit. trust me i was the most loyal Epox user, itll i used a KR7A-133 and a KX7.

Abit makes good bios' on release, and performs in games quite a bit better at the exact same settings. for the user tryin to squeeze every last drop of performance, every last 3dmark, ot of his comp, Abit is in a league of their own.

check the top 30 3dmark scores in the world at madonion. over 70% are on Abit boards.

'nuff said

Malakai said:

check the top 30 3dmark scores in the world at madonion. over 70% are on Abit boards.

Sorry, for me important is not only the performance, but the investment.
Since i have started using my current ABIT mobo i faced a lot of problems (nasty CPU support, bad cpacitors)...

Anyway, this is just my opinion, as anyone mentoned above "huh, but there's a nice fan on it" :D :D :D

Before you guys start saying which is better it might help if people already had there hands on these new boards so we can actually see which is better.

Opinions without reliable first hand information is not something anyone should be too confident about & past performance is not that indicative of future performance with how fast technology changes. There have been manufacturers that have dropped the ball when it comes time to product changes.

Sonny said:
Before you guys start saying which is better it might help if people already had there hands on these new boards so we can actually see which is better.

Opinions without reliable first hand information is not something anyone should be too confident about & past performance is not that indicative of future performance with how fast technology changes. There have been manufacturers that have dropped the ball when it comes time to product changes.

hey, i was just saying that so far for me, Abit has made the best mobo's.

Anyone know why they decided to go w/ a simple 2 channel RAID on the AT7 MAX 2? That integrated RAID is the only thing that made me even spare a glance at the series...

i dont like the MAX series of mobo's from abit.

i like the nice, no integrated crap, barebones mobo's like the KX7.

im sure that they will have a KX7 with the KT400.

when they do, i will buy it.

integrated=suck

Did you guys ever wonder about the possible issues with the KT400 chipset? Support for DDR400 is only available if you use 2 banks, so if you have single sided sticks you can use 2 dimm slots but if you have doudle sided sticks yours stuck to just one slot. That's what VIA says for their KT400 chipset due to an error with their Northbridge which may make this board as popular as the KT7:rolleyes:

hmm i havent heard that. if tis true, i will just get another KX7-333.

i find the improvement using 4-bank interleave to be significant.

thanks for the heads up Sonny

aixelsiD said:
Nice. but what's abit doing for the nforce 2?

who cares?

:D

sorry but i think nforce is just a bunch of hype, just like it was for the 1st one

Malakai said:

who cares?

:D

sorry but i think nforce is just a bunch of hype, just like it was for the 1st one

I totally disagree, since according to Inquirer, nForce2 is on average 20% faster in Real Time than the KT333 hardware for hardware and up to 15% faster than the KT400!

15% is alot man, thats like taking out an XP1600+ stock and putting in an XP2200+ stock and seeing a true 15% jump overall in everything.

Dual Channel DDR is the future for AMD, we need that memory bandwidth to help cut rendering time in half along with improving AGP performance (AGP8X)

And plus, I'd like to see memory benchmarks with at least 4GB/s in Sandra, anything less is useless to me. I aint gonna spend $400 to upgrade my mobo, and ram unless I see bigtime bandwidth and results.

DS-Master

but the FSB is needed to take advantage of all the bandwidth.

i dont know how far a current AXP's fsb will go, but i figure that 200 is hitting near the limits.

like i said, im not taking any sides, i just want to se a finished product.

if nforce2 turns out better, you better bet ill be the 1st one to get it over KT400.

just my instinct tells me it might not be.

Malakai said:
i dont like the MAX series of mobo's from abit.

i like the nice, no integrated crap, barebones mobo's like the KX7.

im sure that they will have a KX7 with the KT400.

when they do, i will buy it.

integrated=suck

integrated sucks..?? isn't that a little strong? see my sig. this board rocks. and i just recently scored 12,525 on 3Dmark.

i do agree that the kx7-333 should scream better than the integrated at7, however, with the o/c ability i have here, and the stability, and great benchies. i wouldn't say it ..."sucks"....

most of the integrated crap, i have disabled. i have the usb, and usb 2.0 enabled. all the rest is off. i don't need any more slots right now, just using 1 for a modem, so, as far as performance is concerned. this board does not suck...lol.

:D ;)

:beer: :beer: and Fold...:beer: :beer:

Back