• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit 400s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have 2 sticks of Corsair 3200 v2.1 512MB in my Abit KX7-133R in slots 1 and 3 and everything is fine at 200FSB cas2 2-6-3 2T Fast CPU command ect..ect.

So theres 4 banks filled at 400Mhz with a KT333 board. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

Running at 200MHz/400FSB is different from being officialy supported, additional dividers, by the chipset. Sure you can run at that speed but that's not the point now is it? There are a lot of KT266A chipsets running at 200MHz/400FSB with only a 1/4 divisor & that would score better in benchmarks so why go with a KT333?

Sonny said:
Running at 200MHz/400FSB is different from being officialy supported, additional dividers, by the chipset. Sure you can run at that speed but that's not the point now is it? There are a lot of KT266A chipsets running at 200MHz/400FSB with only a 1/4 divisor & that would score better in benchmarks so why go with a KT333?

Point is that you said that you think theres a known bug with the KT333 running at 200FSB with more then one bank filled..

So i posted to tell you that i have 4 banks filled at 200FSB..

Wasn't braggin just stating the facts.

Sonny said:
.....what I'm trying to get at is that the KT400 has an error with the NorthBridge that only allows DDR400 if you only populate 2 Banks/1 DIMM Slot, anything more than that is not supported.
KnownKiller said:
Point is that you said that you think theres a known bug with the KT333 running at 200FSB with more then one bank filled..

So i posted to tell you that i have 4 banks filled at 200FSB..

Wasn't braggin just stating the facts.
Which bug do you mean? The problem with KT333/CE chipsets running at 200MHz/400FSB is something else.

KnownKiller said:
hahaha whateer man... i'm done talkin to ya. You quoted the bug.
LOL!

To everybody else that cant see what I'm pointing out;

IT'S THE KT400 THAT HAS THE BUG & NOT THE KT333 LIKE THE ONE IN THE KX7333R

damn guys calm down.

Sonny, take a deep breath, exhale, there ya go.
feel better?

dont worry about it, i got the point in the beginning of hte thread. there is no use arguing over it man.

im sure that VIA will get this little problem fixed before shipping time, at least i hope so.

Malakai said:
damn guys calm down.

Sonny, take a deep breath, exhale, there ya go.
feel better?

dont worry about it, i got the point in the beginning of hte thread. there is no use arguing over it man.

im sure that VIA will get this little problem fixed before shipping time, at least i hope so.
LOL! I'm really more amused by it:D

Icee said he saw the kd7 bios and it had a 1/6 divider which would be nice, but all bets are on the Nforce2 at this point for performance. Probably won't see any until Oct. though.

By the way. Abit USA says mid-Sept, eta on the kd7-raid

Last edited:
Some info on the AT7 MAX2
Serial ATA RAID

While every other motherboard manufacturer has included Serial ATA on their latest products, ABIT users demand more: that's why ABIT has enabled Serial ATA RAID on the new MAX 2 series of motherboards. Serial ATA RAID is accomplished through the use of the advanced Highpoint 374 RAID controller, giving users maximum flexibility to simultaneously increase the speed of data transfers between HDDs and protect precious data. What's more, with ABIT's Serillel cables, users can run any combination of serial and parallel drives in RAID, allowing them to experience serial ATA RAID right now, not 6 months from now.
Now that is some good news:cool:

I got a wait and see altitude I'll let sonny buy the KT400 boards and test them

umm I'm a little confuseis it the KT400 that has the bug or the KT333R NOt the KT333

XgladiatorX said:
I got a wait and see altitude I'll let sonny buy the KT400 boards and test them

umm I'm a little confuseis it the KT400 that has the bug or the KT333R NOt the KT333

I dont know how someone can say the KT400 when its not even out yet... Have anyone seen a reveiw yet in the past month? i wouldnt worry about that myth.

WUUUUUUTT...??

KnownKiller said:

I dont know how someone can say the KT400 when its not even out yet... Have anyone seen a reveiw yet in the past month? i wouldnt worry about that myth.

DUDE, IT'S SEPTEMBER NOW, SO ONE WILL BE OUT THIS MONTH, AND ONE NEXT MONTH.....RELAX.....BREEEEEATHE EASY NOW.....THAT'S IT NOW, I PROMISE IT IS COMING SOON......:D ;) :beer:

I'm talkin about the so called problem with the KT400 chipset not suporting more then one block of ram at 200FSB that sonny was talkin about.

I know its coming out soon....and i dont think they would release something with that kind of bug to the public. So i'm sure its all a rumor or something to get people to give up on AMD and go off to intel. If there even was a report of such a thing.

Oh and laugh it up sonny.. Like ya never stayed up late into the wee morning hours and read something wrong? Try stayin up for 24 hours or more and come and see me.

I was only trying to state that what you said in this thread about the KT400 was probably false or rumor. I mean you already scared off one guy that replied stating that he wouldnt be buying the KT400 now because of what you said...and if i remember right he said that he would run to intel or something.I wonder how many other people are so naive to believe what they read by someone that would post such info without any links to the report to back that crap up.. i mean hell the thing has not been released to the public yet so any smart person would wait and see before making a judgement on a chipset.

Last edited:
calm down and think.

KnownKiller said:
I'm talkin about the so called problem with the KT400 chipset not suporting more then one block of ram at 200FSB that sony was talkin about.

I know its coming out soon....and i dont think they would release something with that kind of bug to the public. So i'm sure its all a rumor or something to get people to give up on AMD and go off to intel. If there even was a report of such a thing.

Oh and laugh it up sony.. Like ya never stayed up late into the wee morning hours and read something wrong? Try stayin up for 24 hours or more and come and see me.

I was only trying to state that what you said in this thread about the KT400 was probably faulse or rumor. I mean you already scared off one guy that replied stating that he wouldnt be buying the KT400 now because of what you said...and if i remember right said that he would run to intel or something.

dude. i don't think it's a bug. read the specs on the abit website, and read some info on the chip. it's not a bug, it's just a fact that it does not in fact support ddr400. only ddr333.

the hkey here is the word support.....folks run their kt333 chipsets at 200fsb.....400mhz memory bus. it will work fine, but is not ......supported officially.....

Re: calm down and think.

madsam said:

dude. i don't think it's a bug. read the specs on the abit website, and read some info on the chip. it's not a bug, it's just a fact that it does not in fact support ddr400. only ddr333.

the hkey here is the word support.....folks run their kt333 chipsets at 200fsb.....400mhz memory bus. it will work fine, but is not ......supported officially.....

no your off as well... Dont matter though.. nothing serious so lets just drop it.

Know one understood anything that was said in this thread hehe..

forgetabouit

The AT7 MAX2 is for sale HERE for $169.00USD + SHIPPING. If anybody finds it cheaper please post a link here. Also it would be better if they rate high at ResellerRatings.

Last edited:
Here are a few shots of the AT7 MAX2 BIOS. Maximum VCore & VMem is 2.325V & 3.25V. I cant get a capture of the VCore since I am only looking at the BIOS with ModBin6.

Here is a pic of the 6:2:1 option available in the BIOS. Before you guys start cheering, remember that this option was put in place by the board manufacturer & can work within certain limitations.

Back