• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Absurd things people say about PC's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have a sudden urge to go to CompUSA and ask one of the employees:

Do you carry an SLi Capable DVD-Burner with a Barton Core, 1066Mhz FSB with a 1/2" barb and 802.11g Compliancy? I also want the burner to contain a PC3200 buffer and 16 vertex pipelines. Do you have one within 10 dollars? It needs to be copper for best heat conductivity, and I want it to have Intel SpeedStep Technology"

LMAO
:D :D

(sigh) it really is sad, the things people say, but then again, can you hardly blame them? They don't know anything about Comps, but they don't want to learn anything about comps either. They just want to browse around the internet playing games and having fun. They don't want the responsibilty of taking car of their computers. In a perfect world you would be able to use a PC and not know anything about it, unfortunitly though, computers are very complicated and even though people say some stupid things, and I mean some REALLY stupid things, it isn't like they can help it. Oh well, at least we get some good laughs out of the comments :p

side note, I only read the first page, it just takes too long to read all the posts, and before I know it an hour has passed me by.

PS I can't spell!

I hate it when people call a computer a modem and a monitor a computer :-/ I get it all the time.... That or people swearing they have hacking skills and government access and stuff... Needless to say I fix a lot of low end rigs :x

Yeah, it is kind of funny to watch online want to be hackers act liek they are gods and not know what they are talking about. I still remember once a guy asked me what kernel I was on haha, (He knew I was on windows) I think he was trying to act all smart by asking a stupid question. (could of just asked the os) Any way I dont care when people screw up PCs that much, one it helps employ many people, and two it can be fun in my opinion to try and fix a a problam.

at a party the other week, i spot an old rig sitting on the floor.

her- " im selling it for $10"
Me - "wow, ill take it, anything wrong W/it?"
her - " it wont turn on- and its really old- but im keeping the CD drive and the hard drive"
me ( pushing my luck) "ill pay extra for them"
Her-" its got my stuff on it, and my brother ( the PC guy) says people steal them to get your identity"

it was beyond hope offering to transfer the data and reformat the thing.
funny thing is, she believed the same about the CD drive.

buy it - bring it back - yank the PSU - Jumper it - let the smoke out.
hook up spare PSU- plop in spare CDrom, Live Disk Linux and away it goes.

Best $10 ive spent in a while.

Another bad one is, I was in my computer class in 8th grade (2 or 3 years ago) and my teacher ask this one kid what kind of computer he had. Hes said "Its a Windows XP" .. I nearly laffed myself to death ROFL.

"Girls can't be good with computers. They don't game if it's not solitaire. They don't overclock. They aren't technologically savvy. Girls? Computers? Nah."

Oh yes. I get that at times. I also try to get cheated for lamer parts at computer stores, not knowing I'm teh 1337!

nerdlogic said:
"Girls can't be good with computers. They don't game if it's not solitaire. They don't overclock. They aren't technologically savvy. Girls? Computers? Nah."

Oh yes. I get that at times. I also try to get cheated for lamer parts at computer stores, not knowing I'm teh 1337!

lmao "teh 1337" i love it
I think ive heard people saying over at compusa what my avatar displays lmao

I love your avatar haha, reminds me of when I told someone that ram is a type of virus and if they see it they need to delete it haha.(oh course I was kind enough to end my joke before any harm came)

threeme2189 said:
pffff now thats just sad...
who says girls cant be teh 1337 at ubercloxxxing and fragging???

There is an all-girl CS:S Clan I play against sometime. They have their own server close to me so I get good pings. They are really good.

There are several all girl gaming clans. I know of "Burntpink" and "Checksix Divas" for CS 1.6. The Divas are actually very good. I've been owned by all girl clans before. Although, you must admit that IN GENERAL, most girls don't know anything about computers. That is IN GENERAL THOUGH. There are 1337 H4x0r girls out there. ;) It is a more guy sided hobby though. :shrug:

Timdog said:
There are several all girl gaming clans. I know of "Burntpink" and "Checksix Divas" for CS 1.6. The Divas are actually very good. I've been owned by all girl clans before. Although, you must admit that IN GENERAL, most girls don't know anything about computers. That is IN GENERAL THOUGH. There are 1337 H4x0r girls out there. ;) It is a more guy sided hobby though. :shrug:

Yeah this is usually true. Computers nowadays are kinda like hotrods back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Granted people still do that today with their cars and its still a very male oriented hobby, but building and customizing one's own computer is sorta like building or modifying your car was like back then, just not as popular I don't think.

gustav said:
Timdog said:
There are several all girl gaming clans. I know of "Burntpink" and "Checksix Divas" for CS 1.6. The Divas are actually very good. I've been owned by all girl clans before. Although, you must admit that IN GENERAL, most girls don't know anything about computers. That is IN GENERAL THOUGH. There are 1337 H4x0r girls out there. It is a more guy sided hobby though.

Yeah this is usually true. Computers nowadays are kinda like hotrods back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Granted people still do that today with their cars and its still a very male oriented hobby, but building and customizing one's own computer is sorta like building or modifying your car was like back then, just not as popular I don't think.

I don't think computers are anywhere as "cool" as hotrods were, but geek is no longer a loser term, and does have a small cool factor.

Would sure like to meet a girl who's into computers and, ideally, CS:S. Hey nerdlogic, watcha up to tonight ;)

Stoanhart said:
I don't think computers are anywhere as "cool" as hotrods were, but geek is no longer a loser term, and does have a small cool factor.

Would sure like to meet a girl who's into computers and, ideally, CS:S. Hey nerdlogic, watcha up to tonight ;)

Yeah I agree a well modded/tricked out hot rod or regular car looks and is a lot better I think that a modded/tricke out comp. Although some people really neat looking computers. My is pretty plain jane but I made it for performance mainly. A car takes more work too, but some people agree the computer is todays hot rod.

nerdlogic said:
Pfft. I got that same from a family "friend" who couldn't (and apparently still can't) understand why I'd ever want to start building my own. I've given up trying to explain things to her at this point :bang head
I get that at most big-box stores (on numerous occasions it's been clear that I know more than the salesdrones); the only b&m place I go now is Microcenter. I don't get upsold/cheated there because I know what I'm looking for and the salespeople are really nice.

Back