• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adak, Tanker and Rosetta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

Is it my imagination, or did the late Adak once use his 4p machine Tanker to
work on Rosetta and did he not give some stats re the same?

I searched but could not find a thread. Can you?

Was this a pay-back effort for the Chimp Challenge when Rosetta and SETI members chipped in for a Win?

Yes I believe it was a pay-back for their help.

I was just thinking about Adak and I decided to move some of my SMP units over to Rosetta. SMP is a losing cause at FAH it seems. So I am going to rack up a few extra points in honor of Adak and his wonderful Tanker machine. Those were fun days !!

Thanks for the link Torin3.

Yes I believe it was a pay-back for their help.

I was just thinking about Adak and I decided to move some of my SMP units over to Rosetta. SMP is a losing cause at FAH it seems. So I am going to rack up a few extra points in honor of Adak and his wonderful Tanker machine. Those were fun days !!

Thanks for the link Torin3.
They were incredible days alright, all the people that came to help us that that Chimp Challenge was amazing. Adak put a huge amount of effort in to it. I think it's time we did something like it again.

They were incredible days alright, all the people that came to help us that that Chimp Challenge was amazing. Adak put a huge amount of effort in to it. I think it's time we did something like it again.

Do you still have that AMD 4p of Adak's ?

Unfortunately I don't, in the last year or so I couldn't run it like I wanted but it's with another Team32 member and as far as I know is still folding under Gulp35 :D

At least it is in the right team's hands.

Well, look its been over a year since I started folding and remembering Adak.

Time for a boost for this thread, just to keep Adak's contribution alive if for no other reason.

Rosetta Strong !!

I have just about completed my Adak tribute and I will be moving my rigs to new pastures as well as retiring some older less productive rigs, over the next month.

Thanks to all who signed up to keep the team pushing ahead.

Fold on !!

I have managed to add some more time for Rosetta for my rigs and they will keep folding for at least one more year, knock on wood. I have deleted 4 quad core machines but added another 64 core machine so my numbers should be going up instead of down. The heat generated is at the upper limit so I may have to shut down a few machines when it gets really hot out.

Fold on!!

I still have my 4P's, but they are not doing anything right now, power draw trips a circuit breaker :). I have Windows 10 Pro on them now with F@H on 1 of them.

Back