• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Add additional raditor before MCW50-t?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScoobaMike

Registered
Id like to see what people think, if this is a good iea or not.
If im running from a storm cpu cooler down to a swiftech mcw50-t (upgraded to 172watt), would it be a good ida to add an additional radiator in this part of the loop or not? I would think it could only be ideal to have the water down to the coolest temp, and remove the large amount of heat generated by the cpu (or at least SOME). My main radiator on top would be a Black Ice Xtreme III, so I believe I should have anough cooling capability.

Heres what hardware I have and the water gear I want to use
Chieftech Dragon series case

OCZ Powerstream 520 SLI PSU
AMD Opteron 170
DFI LANParty UT SLI-DR Expert
2x1 GB pc4000 Mushkin Redline
Sapphire Radeon x1800XT

For water, ...

Swiftech storm (cpu)
Swiftech MCW50-t (upgraded to 172watt peltier (gpu)
Swiftech MCP655 pump
Black Ice Xtreme III Triple 120mm Radiator
Meanwell 320-12 PSU

Here are the two different designs Im trying to describe, If a visual might help.

Single Radiator system
ir6io8.jpg

Additonal BIX added
ir6kg4.jpg

Basically I just wondered any pros or cons to this setup.

Thanks

thanks for the reply speedbump,
any other suggestions or comments on using just the BIX III setup?

I have read that there really isnt any advantages worth the extra hassle to TEC the processor.

if the pump can handle it i don't see how it would hurt anything. however if it's worth it for the minimal gains you will most likely see is up to you.

Back