• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air Conditioned Liquid Cooled Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You wanna play, your gonna pay. You race tricycles or you race cars. Your choice. Don't forget the electricity costs or the NOISE of a phase unit..........

really? you get that from a fortune cookie? I got 826 into this build, pretty proud of that fact, and for it to do as well as it does for that price, I will simply reply that anyone can go and throw money at a system till it preforms as they want, A craftsman will do more for less.

Last edited:
to me its price vs performance, I have the h100 and at 4.7 it runs about 55-58c under prime load, so I am looking for something that will drop that to around 50-52 under the same load and oc settings, now please correct me if I am wrong but I could build a great water system for way less then the $500 for a chiller.
My main motivation is http://www.arqtik.com/index.php seems he has the bugs worked out of the system and since peltiers are cheap (compared to the alternatives), it does seem to be a natural progression from the entry level water system since so many think that the hot side of the peltier needs to be water cooled. So I have spent a whole $5 on a small peltier to test with on a disposable old desktop I have at the shop, for the education and remembering back many years ago, (I am 57), when we used to "overclock" by simply soldering in a new quartz crystal into the mobo, remember those crazy guys is a garage literally blowing up processors because they didn't have the voltage control that we enjoy today, I remember the first liquid systems, and how crude and subject to failing they were, so the wild systems we take for granted today were pioneered by nuts that actually stepped outside the box and said I am going to try....

Sorry for rambling, but that what us old people do....

Similar to the link I posted...notice that he is water cooling the hot sides, and using 4 peltiers for a modern cpu.
You'll need serious radiators to cool that.
Have fun with the small one :p

Back