• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am i doomed to stay at stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Simulacrum

Registered
i just read some of ur posts here and i figured out with the cpu-z program that im running a a64 3000+ with C0 stepping...
by ur posts it sux.
i also have a gigabyte KT800 - not a KT800pro and therefore i guess my PCI and AGP arent locked.

by all that info, i figured out im kinda stuck with overclocking, or atleast i shouldnt try any.
am i right?
any suggestions?(not like "buy a new gear")

oh btw - im new here... be gentle :)

well you could overclock it a bit but you cant to much because the pci bus needs to stay below lie 35-36 mhz in order to avoid hard drive corruption

i have the Asus K8V, not the one with the K8T800 Pro chipset. Mine doesnt have the pci/agp lock and i got my A64 3200 upto 2350mhz stable and upto 2500mhz max, not stable. Thats with 10x multi.

thats interesting, although i do have a C0 stepping and u got a CG stepping...
mayb i could OC it to 2200-2300...
thnx neway.
and can i lock the pci and agp or something like that?

and how do you know heh as a Cg revision.

CO and CG are revision's not steppings. The steppings are the5 digit codes like CAABC for exsample. For now we have no idea if steppings affect overclocking like they did on the socket A platforms.

Back