• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2700X & 2600X Benchmarks vs 8700K, 1800X & 1600X! RYZEN 2 LAUNCH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Shawn's testing is very well done and thorough. Great job, Shawn!

Seems like "head to head" (i.e. all contestants running at the same clock speed on all cores ) that AMD has now pulled ahead Intel in this price segment. But what needs to be kept in mind is that the Coffee Lake i5 and i7 k CPUs will easily overclock to 5 ghz, making the Intels still the go to gamer's chip for overclockers. But clearly, for any kind of rendering application the Ryzen family is the go to chip in this price range. An no surprises in that regard. I don't think anyone was expecting a dramatic shift in performance with the second generation Ryzen.

Last edited:
At the same pricepoint there are more cores. If the cores can be used, then yeah, they make a lot of sense. Otherwise, it depends on many other factors as well. Really, the biggest improvement I have seen (across multiple sites) is an improvement in gaming nearly catching up or passing the Intel CPUs. Again there is overclocking which AMD falls well short, but, the performance is there. Its too bad these things can't seem to get far past their boost still (overclocking).

Back