• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 6100 OC' HElp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freak1337

Hello Guys.
I Recently bought a new Motherboard and a Cooler
and my current Clock is at 3.3ghz i need help in overclocking my cpu.
:comp:

Whut it is?

You May Need Help = We Need Info to Help.
MOBO > Model and Bios version.
CPU & Cooler > Be Specific.
MEMORY > Manufacturer & P/N & Size.
POWER SUPPLY > Manufacturer & Wattage.
VIDEO CARD > Make/Model/How Many.
HDDs/Optical drives > How Many? SSD? Raid/No Raid?
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard or Add-in?
USB > Usb Devices Plugged to Mobo?
O/S > Win? SP? Linux?
Case > Brand/Model/Fans Installed?

MOBO > Asrock 970 Extreme 3
CPU & Cooler > Amd FX 6100 3.3Ghz, Cooler Master HYPER TX3 EVO
MEMORY > 8 GB [4x2] 1600Mhz
POWER SUPPLY > Cooler Master 500W
VIDEO CARD > Nvidia GTX 650Ti 1Gb GDDR5
HDDs/Optical drives > HDD
SOUND DEVICE > Onboard
USB > Usb 3
O/S > Win7
Case > 2 Case Fans on on front and one behind + Its a Coolermaster Elite 311+

"As RGone mentioned we need to know more specs on your rig to determine the capabilities of your system".
What more Do you need to know?

i'd really love to post the screen shots.. so what i have to do is run prime95, and check whether the temps hit upto 65*C and stop the test!
Or Does the test stops for itself!

The test will keep running reguarless of temperature so if they get out of line you'll need to stop the test.You have to stop it as well, you can't just close it or it'll run in the background. Just open up HWMonitor and then run P95 for 20 minutes or you reach 62c on the cores or 70 on the CPU/socket. Then post it up here.

Yes like that, that was 10 minutes that temps are OK so let it go for 20 minutes minimum. Please include shots of the memory and spd tab next time as well. While the test is running, read the thread that Blaylock linked for OCing the bulldozer. Then go in to your bios and disable the power saving stuff like it suggests.

bawd.jpg

DONE ran it for like 30 mins

OK well you still have all the green stuff turned on, have you read that guide?? You need to disable Cooland quiet, c1e C6 epu apm all in the bios. But I don't know how much headroom you're going to find on manual settings. Youe motherboard isn't ideal for Overclocking an FX cpu. If you look at the CPUTIN temp the max for that is 70c and you're already at 65. Try setting a manual voltage of 1.35v to the V_Core and see how high you can take the multiplier before it crashes, I'd start at 17.5 if it boots and runs P95 keep an eye on the temps.

Back