• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX-8120 or 8350?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
reviews 8350 10 -15 % faster

look up reviews and see the 8350 is faster
If your near a microcenter its 179

At NewEgg the Sabertooth is only $15.00 Usd higher than the Asrock EXT9. That is not a deal breaker when you are talking about the foundation from which everything else must build off of and plug into. Not shett overall when depending on the board to support all the stuff one might choose to plug in and then clock to hale and back.

That said, the EXT9 seems to be a good board, but I certainly would not let $15.00 Usd make or break the deal. We got too many coming in here now with underpowered shett trying to clock up.
RGone...

At NewEgg the Sabertooth is only $15.00 Usd higher than the Asrock EXT9. That is not a deal breaker when you are talking about the foundation from which everything else must build off of and plug into. Not shett overall when depending on the board to support all the stuff one might choose to plug in and then clock to hale and back.

That said, the EXT9 seems to be a good board, but I certainly would not let $15.00 Usd make or break the deal. We got too many coming in here now with underpowered shett trying to clock up.
RGone...
The Extreme9 is far from under powered. It took my FX-6300 to 5.8GHz

Buy the sabertooth board hands down
If you can get the 8350 I would but the 8320 will be just as good
I only got the 8320 cause they was out of 8350 at the time i bought mine

I have both and quite frankly the extreme9 is the better board.

Damn, just looked the specs of EX9, it has 12+2 power phase, for example Sabertooth has 8+2 power phase... It's a beast, just like it's PRICE!
Since money is a problem, i can get ST for 160 but EX9 for 204.
Even though EX9 would be quite a better choice, i will stick to SaberTooth, until EX9 is at least more than 25% better due to the price.

Damn, just looked the specs of EX9, it has 12+2 power phase, for example Sabertooth has 8+2 power phase... It's a beast, just like it's PRICE!
Since money is a problem, i can get ST for 160 but EX9 for 204.
Even though EX9 would be quite a better choice, i will stick to SaberTooth, until EX9 is at least more than 25% better due to the price.

The Sabretooth is already overkill by a little bit. It'll be fine.

I own a FX8320 & a Sabertooth and I will say its worth every penny
If you run stock cooler 4.0Ghz will be your max cause of temps but get a evo 212 for cheap and 4.5Ghz should be in reach but even at 4.0Ghz this combo is a beast and you will find it hard to make it break a sweat
Plus if you ever want to go faster its just a cooler upgrade later

What temps are you getting when the cpu is maxed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back