• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd fx 8120 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This image is a little mis-leading. The 'sink' is on the mosfets which do heat up when regulating Vcore to the cpu. The "chokes' "X'd
as VRM's are seldom actually sinked since the coil is inside a plastic housing and they will transfer little heat to a sink to begin with. The chokes are only part of a VRM circuit and not the VRM itself.

attachment.php
In the picture were the sink is and vrms my water cooling system blocks them from any sort of air on them will it make a diference if i find a way to blow air onto the sink and vrms

Of course, that would be a good idea but I can't promise it will improve the behavior of the system. It might make it stop downthrottling but their is no gurarantee. You can also purchase kits with individual copper heatsinks that stick on with a thermal adhesive. Doing that and blowing air on them would be even better. But yes, that is one disadvantage of a water cooling system is that it creates an air flow dead zone around the CPU socket.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/memandvidcar.html

bigwils1, yesterday I suggested an incremental approach starting with stock speeds and voltages to find your max stable overclock of the system with your current cooling by increasing the multiplier by .5x stepping of the multiplier. Have you tried that yet?

bigwils1, yesterday I suggested an incremental approach starting with stock speeds and voltages to find your max stable overclock of the system with your current cooling by increasing the multiplier by .5x stepping of the multiplier. Have you tried that yet?

Yes i have im at 3.4 but this is weird i can get 3.8 but it knocks my internet off completely for me and rest if computers in the house i have never heard of this before the main pc that i overclock on is ethernet straight into modem the others are wirless

This image is a little mis-leading. The 'sink' is on the mosfets which do heat up when regulating Vcore to the cpu. The "chokes' "X'd
as VRM's are seldom actually sinked since the coil is inside a plastic housing and they will transfer little heat to a sink to begin with. The chokes are only part of a VRM circuit and not the VRM itself.

attachment.php

Yes, that is correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes i have im at 3.4 but this is weird i can get 3.8 but it knocks my internet off completely for me and rest if computers in the house i have never heard of this before the main pc that i overclock on is ethernet straight into modem the others are wirless

bigwils, it's time you started your own thread and it's time you created a Sig as RGone requested. These are common forum courtesies. RGone gave you instructions for the Sig.

bigwils, it's time you started your own thread and it's time you created a Sig as RGone requested. These are common forum courtesies. RGone gave you instructions for the Sig.

Ok i cant seem to do it on my iphone my pc is not handy what is a sig??

Ok i cant seem to do it on my iphone my pc is not handy what is a sig??

Sigs don't show when posting from a phone, so not even sure if you can 'make' the signature from a phone. My guess is you could but you could not check it to see what it was actually showing. Only what I can guess from what others have said.

Post #41 had the how to for creating a signature.

The Sig is an area set apart at the bottom of your post window that contains your system info. It travels with every post you make and gives those helping you quick access to what they need to know about your hardware and OS. You can refer to mine for an example if you wish or to any of the other Sigs from the regular participants. Click in Quick Links at the top of the page and then on Edit Signature. No, I don't think you can do this from an iphone.

That is very odd. No idea.

The Sig is an area set apart at the bottom of your post window that contains your system info. It travels with every post you make and gives those helping you quick access to what they need to know about your hardware and OS. You can refer to mine for an example if you wish or to any of the other Sigs from the regular participants. Click in Quick Links at the top of the page and then on Edit Signature. No, I don't think you can do this from an iphone.
Iv done it but it says i cant make threads i dont have privleges?

You should have priviledges. You now have a star under your user name. Are you doing it from your phone still?

to get any higher overclock than about 3.8Ghz with that board you will need tp upgrade the vrm cooling. waterblock if possible. or a hefty aftermarket mosfet block. dos not matter if you have disabled throttling or not it will keep throttling cuz vrm overheat like crazy. hada asus sabertooth and asus crosshair V and they both get real hot evn with there huge mosfet coolers. hada waterblock on asus crosshair V and was still quite hot when pushing 5Ghz+ atm iam stable 24/7 @ 4.6Ghz normaly idle around 36-40. load about 60C-65C depending on how hot the day is. cpu 1.41250V CPU/NB 1.250/ Vcore 1.428 idle / load 1.464v. please not i have a 800D case it has very very poor airflow. iv gt triple rad at the top and double down bottom. with side of my case off temps from around 5-7C
hope this helps

Back