• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD IIx3 Unlock and Overclock advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billyx99

Registered
Hi guys. New member here after getting some help here on a vid card and after some reading here im interested in doing a few things to my system.

I was going to replace my whole system, but my just do some upgrades instead.
Its a bit of a dated system but treats me good.
I want to try and unlock the forth core and overclock after. Now im all very new to this, dont mind learning and figure this is a good place to start. I did some reading but will admit im still a bit lost. SO any help, advice, recommendations and the such will be appreciated.

Processor is:
AMD Athlon IIx3 445 3.1
Motherboard is:
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=450#dl

First question is can the MOBO handle unlocking the forth core?
Any good tuts on how to unlock it and also any thing else I need to read/learn know prior?

Thanks guys and looking forward to getting involved trying this all

The board has ACC so should be able to unlock cores if they are viable. In bios the core unlocking tool is often called ACC (Advanced Clock Calibratioln) but may be called something else which would seem to be a more obvious handle like "Core Unlock" or "Core Unleash". Back a few years ago it was always called ACC and it was discovered by accident that that ACC when enabled would also sometimes unlock hidden locked cores from the factory. So just enable that feature, whatever it may be called.

Thanks. I will give that a try.
Silly question, how do I know if it was successful? Is there any tools I should be using to confirm anything?

Thanks Mr.Scott. I ended up finding that shortly after my last post.
Im stuck though in the bios. I found ACC and under it I see Southbridge config, Northbridge config and Onboard Peripherals confg. Not sure what im looking in regards to what im suppose to enable. Any idea?

ALso, there is smart multi-core wich is set to: auto

Last edited:
According to your manual, ACC is under the advanced tab > CPU configuration. Enable it and re-boot. You should then have the options of auto, all cores, per core, available to you. It also open up the core leveling options which will allow you to 'force' cores.

I did it to All. After reboot when win goes to start it hangs at the windows animation where it says starting windows.
Suppose I should set it back then.

Ill give it a try and report back.
Thanks for walking me through this.

Theres cpu over voltage[startup]
cpu nb over voltage[startup]
memory voltage[1.6v]
chip over voltage [1.14v]
ht over voltage [startup]

I think im over my head here. Not sure if this is where to look. Any guidance?

You can try +.2v, but I wouldn't go any higher if it doesn't boot. It just means the disabled core is not stable and you won't be able to use it. There is no guaranty on unlocking cores.

Still hung up booting windows at *.2.
I put everything back. Thanks for the help with me trying.

Anything else I can do to make this machine faster? I plan on bumping the mem from 8 to 16, but other than that can you offer any suggestions for me? Im open to trying whatever.

Thanks again for the help

Try your hand at overclocking. :)
There is a good guide here and many willing to help you.

Sounds Good!
Off to do some reading up. Im sure ill have lots of questions.

Back