• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II 1050T OC @ 3.7 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It was just my impression that it was moving faster, but it seems that this worked. Just finished an 8 hour run of prime without errors after dropping voltages on v-core and northbridge. My game ran good last night as well.

Glad it worked for you. The JEDEC timing tables that you see when you look in the CPU-z "SPD" tab are what the bios uses when memory timings are on Auto. Those JEDEC timings are geared toward Intel systems in most cases and may be a little aggressive for AMD systems. A little extra voltage push can sometimes make it stable, however. I was reminded of this by Woomack, one of our very knowledgeable contributers, over the weekend in a PM for which I am grateful.

I had a feeling all along it had to do with my memory. I was fighting with my memory every step above 3.5. So far things look good, no program crashes/ blue screens. I do need to run memtest+ for a few hours to really check my memory. How much voltage is safe to add to memory. I was always told that memory is one of the more sensitive parts that if you mess it up, it's time to buy new. I'm wondering if I can push this further, not for a 24/7 oc, but just to see where it'd go.

Last edited:
When you bought that ram it was sold with a voltage that it was to be used at. So generally speaking it is a rated speed at a rated voltage. All things being equal it is to run at that speed and voltage. Adding say 0.05V is not really a lot to add but 0.5V would be.
RGone...

Back