• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II 960T 4 Ghz 6 cores + MSI TF3 7950 = Crysis 3 High settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stealth3si

Can I play Cyrsis 3 on HIGH settings on an AMD Phenom II 960T OC'd @ 4 Ghz, 6 cores + MSI TF3 7950 OC'd to 7970?

What min and avg FPS would I expect?

Yes.

Not sure.. you can look for some reviews that tell you, but good luck with that specific hardware.

Very much yes. No idea what you'd hit for average though - I don't have the game, but I've had zero issue running any game at max settings with a nice avg framerate (barring that godawful mess that is GTAIV).

GTAIV runs like hell because Rockstar did a very half hearted attempt at porting it to PC. So despite it being released 5 years ago, it's still very difficult to get a decent frame rate with everything cranked to maximum.

From what I've read so far about the game if you leave the MSAA off you'll be ok. Maybe not ultra high but playable.

350x700px-LL-d4eae7e6_192020smaa204x.jpg

This is also with an i73970 OC'd

From what I've read so far about the game if you leave the MSAA off you'll be ok. Maybe not ultra high but playable.
How noticeable is MSAA on 1080p 46" HDTV?

Is it part of the 'HIGH' settings too?

On a 46" screen you may want to leave it on and play on high insted of ulrta or enthusiest or whatever they call the Highest settings this time.
Best bet just see what you can get away with and still keep it playable,

How noticeable is MSAA on 1080p 46" HDTV?

Is it part of the 'HIGH' settings too?
The same as it is on a 24" 1080p monitor...assuming you are sitting an appropriate distance away from each of course.

Inches do not matter, its the resolution. :thup:

Back